But, “early discussions” is the key here. Even if Depp gets on board and wants to become the Supreme Sorcerer of the MCU, he has to work out his schedule in order to do so, particularly since he’s already committed to two other lucrative franchises at the studio. The fifth installment of Pirates of the Caribbean and the sequel to Alice in Wonderland will both require a chunk of his next couple of years.
Marvel had previously been rumored to be interested in Joseph Gordon Levitt for the role, though Depp is certainly even more high profile and bankable. Personally I’m a little Depp-ed out. Can we bring back those Viggo Mortensen rumors?
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014