So I’ve spent New Year’s Day reading the screenplay for Suicide Squad, by Justin Marks, writer of the Street Fighter: The Legend Of Chun-Li. Written in 2011, it is still being used by Warner Bros to get directors interested in taking on the project – two I know of have turned it down.
But what we really all want to know is… who’s in it? The Suicide Squad comic, supervillains recruited by the government given a chance to avoid the death penalty, always had a revolving cast, albeit with a few favourites.
So who’s in it? well, first the bad guys. The badder guys, I mean.
Well, we have the superteam, Onslaught.
And a number of characters from that evolving superteam make it into the film version, Rustram, Ravan, Manticore and Djinn.
And Suicide Squad’s chief wrangler Amanda Waller. With an appetite, but no news on her physical build. Here’s how she appeared classically, recently and in Smallville.
And their job? To take down the badder guys we saw earlier.
They even kept the Onslaught name… anyone else? Well, there’s Multiplex.
Jaculi, who in the comics was a member of Onslaught.
Though they’ve gone for the original male version.
But who is he fighting? And will she be introduced in an overly exploitative way?
And how do they control them?
Yup, it’s walking nuclear weapon Fallout. And he’s family now!
There are lots of explosive antics, political behind the scenes skulduggery and battling quips. I’m sure Brendon on the film side of Bleeding Cool will look more at the screenplay. But on the comics side, we just want to know, is it like the comic?
And it is.
- Brendon Small Schedules Galaktikon Comic To Come Out Alongside Galaktikon II: Become The Storm
- Daily LITG – 23rd September 2018 – Hitting The North - September 24, 2018
- Batman Damned #1 Signed by Lee Bermejo Sells for $1000 - September 23, 2018
- Stephen Colbert Weighs In On the Batpenis - September 23, 2018
- ComiXology Denies Censoring the Bat Penis - September 23, 2018
- Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips’ Criminal Returns in January from Image Comics (UPDATE) - September 23, 2018