i know you have a lot on your plate but any chance you will have a new marvel book any time soon?
And he replies;
Well, now that ultimate comics: Spiderman is done I might have to find something else to fill that space in my life :-(
but I have a lot of creator owned work to focus on including Powers, brilliant, Scarlet, and the upcoming United States of murder Inc.
Is Brian Bendis just messing with his readers? After all, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man ceased and became part of the Ultimate Universe Cataclysm “event”, and there no signs of any Ultimate comic solicited in March, save for a rather classified Survive #1. But Bendis has indicated in the past that the books will continue… indeed that Ultimate Spider-Man will make it to #200.
Is Brian Bendis just emphasising the fact that Ultimate Comics Spider-Man stopped with the Cataclysm crossover, consistent with an Ultimate Comics Spider-Man relaunch in April.
But come to think of it, didn’t Bleeding Cool run rumours of the cancellation of Superior Spider-Man in March and a relaunch of that book in April, by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.
With Survive #1 coming out in March, and an emphasis on crossing over between the Ultimate and the 616 realities, could this be the first semi-offcial inkling that the new Marvel Universe Spider-Man, as some suspect, instead of being Doc Ock in Peter’s boy, instead be Miles Morales? And we’ll be getting a new issue 1 in April?
Either way, there’s going to be a lot of fuss about Spider-Man. Oh look, a film is coming out.
Whatever it is, something’s up. Let’s look forward to finding out.
When asked Marvel representatives did the equivalent of putting their hands behind their back, looking left and whistling.
- Ralph Macchio Returns to the Avengers for the Infinity Shards! - January 23, 2018
- Stewart Lee Appears in Tomorrow’s Doomsday Clock #3 - January 23, 2018
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018