By Dylan Gonzalez
Beer: Vicious Circle Amber Ale
Brewery: Fish Brewing Company
As its name implies, Vicious Circle is amber in color, but with a red hue to it, almost copper like. It creates a strong head that dissipates fairly quickly, but residual, soapy foam remains, like a cream soda. Some lightly active carbonation can be seen.
The beer produces a malty and caramel scent, though I noticed this more from the bottle than from my pint glass. The flavors are reciprocal of the scent, with notes of malts and caramel. A slight taste of vanilla is present as well.
On the palate, Vicious Circle is easy to drink. It is very thin, almost water like in quality, with little carbonation present. Overall, it is a fairly standard, but enjoyable beer. It is simple to drink and good if you don’t want to try something too out there.
What to Drink This To:
With the sharks on the label, all I could think of was Jaws, a film I have watched countless times. If it is ever on the tube, I will watch it. And so should you, with a pint of Vicious Circle at your side.
Dylan Gonzalez happens to love beer and comic books and luckily found a place to write about the former because he has no idea how to actually make money in the real world. He lives in a cave in New Jersey.
Tweet him at @BeardedPickle, follow his own beer blog at http://boozegeek.tumblr.com/or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015