Detective Comics #27 Cover B used to be the Frank Miller cover. But then DC Comics cancelled the cover. So the entire order for that separately-ordered variant has gone… poof! And since FOC was set before the cover was cancelled, retailers may well not have been getting as many copies of the comic as they’d have liked…
Something clearly had to be done. And what background discussions, hard balling shouting matches, editorial discomfort or plain bribery happened, I don’t know. But as of today, DC Comics has reinstated the Frank Miller cover for Detective Comics #27.
Speculation is it could have involved the shift from double page splash to variant cover – and the financial demands for the difference between the two. Maybe one day we’ll discover what actually happened there.
But for those who had managed to up their Greg Capullo cover order… you may now want to bring it back down again. The only way you can do that now though is to talk to your Diamond representative, Who may suddenly be a little busy today..
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017