Detective Comics #27 Cover B used to be the Frank Miller cover. But then DC Comics cancelled the cover. So the entire order for that separately-ordered variant has gone… poof! And since FOC was set before the cover was cancelled, retailers may well not have been getting as many copies of the comic as they’d have liked…
Something clearly had to be done. And what background discussions, hard balling shouting matches, editorial discomfort or plain bribery happened, I don’t know. But as of today, DC Comics has reinstated the Frank Miller cover for Detective Comics #27.
Speculation is it could have involved the shift from double page splash to variant cover – and the financial demands for the difference between the two. Maybe one day we’ll discover what actually happened there.
But for those who had managed to up their Greg Capullo cover order… you may now want to bring it back down again. The only way you can do that now though is to talk to your Diamond representative, Who may suddenly be a little busy today..
- The Ten Biggest Toy And Statue Sales Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Keeping The Alien And Predator Shared Universe Going At San Diego Comic-Con - July 24, 2017
- Crunchyroll Panel At San Diego Comic-Con Launches Their Own Show – Crunchyroll Expo - July 24, 2017
- The Top Twenty Highest Sales Of Signed Cast Posters From San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017