Detective Comics #27 Cover B used to be the Frank Miller cover. But then DC Comics cancelled the cover. So the entire order for that separately-ordered variant has gone… poof! And since FOC was set before the cover was cancelled, retailers may well not have been getting as many copies of the comic as they’d have liked…
Something clearly had to be done. And what background discussions, hard balling shouting matches, editorial discomfort or plain bribery happened, I don’t know. But as of today, DC Comics has reinstated the Frank Miller cover for Detective Comics #27.
Speculation is it could have involved the shift from double page splash to variant cover – and the financial demands for the difference between the two. Maybe one day we’ll discover what actually happened there.
But for those who had managed to up their Greg Capullo cover order… you may now want to bring it back down again. The only way you can do that now though is to talk to your Diamond representative, Who may suddenly be a little busy today..
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017