Detective Comics #27 Cover B used to be the Frank Miller cover. But then DC Comics cancelled the cover. So the entire order for that separately-ordered variant has gone… poof! And since FOC was set before the cover was cancelled, retailers may well not have been getting as many copies of the comic as they’d have liked…
Something clearly had to be done. And what background discussions, hard balling shouting matches, editorial discomfort or plain bribery happened, I don’t know. But as of today, DC Comics has reinstated the Frank Miller cover for Detective Comics #27.
Speculation is it could have involved the shift from double page splash to variant cover – and the financial demands for the difference between the two. Maybe one day we’ll discover what actually happened there.
But for those who had managed to up their Greg Capullo cover order… you may now want to bring it back down again. The only way you can do that now though is to talk to your Diamond representative, Who may suddenly be a little busy today..
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018