A few days ago, Bleeding Cool reported that Mark Millar had applied to register the trademark Starlight as a comic book.
And so it has come to pass. Hollywood Reporter has confirmed it as a new comic by Millar from Image, with artist Goran Parlov, best known in the US for his Punisher work, but whose examples below seem to resemble that of P Craig Russell more.
The comic is a story of a retired Flash Gordon figure called upon to save the universe one last time. I suppose it couldn’t be Dan Dare, Marvel already kinda did that…
Debuting in March, it’s also intended to be the first of what Millar described as his 21st century version of the Marvel Universe, a shared continuity, including MPH with Duncan Fegredo in May.
Millar has attempted similar with Fantastic Four, 1985 and Old Man Logan before, though this seems to be a wider shared reality…
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017