A few days ago, Bleeding Cool reported that Mark Millar had applied to register the trademark Starlight as a comic book.
And so it has come to pass. Hollywood Reporter has confirmed it as a new comic by Millar from Image, with artist Goran Parlov, best known in the US for his Punisher work, but whose examples below seem to resemble that of P Craig Russell more.
The comic is a story of a retired Flash Gordon figure called upon to save the universe one last time. I suppose it couldn’t be Dan Dare, Marvel already kinda did that…
Debuting in March, it’s also intended to be the first of what Millar described as his 21st century version of the Marvel Universe, a shared continuity, including MPH with Duncan Fegredo in May.
Millar has attempted similar with Fantastic Four, 1985 and Old Man Logan before, though this seems to be a wider shared reality…
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018