A few days ago, Bleeding Cool reported that Mark Millar had applied to register the trademark Starlight as a comic book.
And so it has come to pass. Hollywood Reporter has confirmed it as a new comic by Millar from Image, with artist Goran Parlov, best known in the US for his Punisher work, but whose examples below seem to resemble that of P Craig Russell more.
The comic is a story of a retired Flash Gordon figure called upon to save the universe one last time. I suppose it couldn’t be Dan Dare, Marvel already kinda did that…
Debuting in March, it’s also intended to be the first of what Millar described as his 21st century version of the Marvel Universe, a shared continuity, including MPH with Duncan Fegredo in May.
Millar has attempted similar with Fantastic Four, 1985 and Old Man Logan before, though this seems to be a wider shared reality…
- Doctor Who Comics In April, From Titan Comics, Leads With A Ghost Spinoff From The Christmas Special - January 20, 2017
- Comic Folk React To… The Inauguration Of President Trump - January 20, 2017
- Need A Break from The Inauguration? Catch Up With Con Man Season 2 - January 20, 2017
- Did You Notice It’s Inauguration Day? This Week’s Comic Books Did… - January 20, 2017
- Black Panther & The Crew To Become Marvel’s Third Black Panther Monthly Comic - January 20, 2017