A few days ago, Bleeding Cool reported that Mark Millar had applied to register the trademark Starlight as a comic book.
And so it has come to pass. Hollywood Reporter has confirmed it as a new comic by Millar from Image, with artist Goran Parlov, best known in the US for his Punisher work, but whose examples below seem to resemble that of P Craig Russell more.
The comic is a story of a retired Flash Gordon figure called upon to save the universe one last time. I suppose it couldn’t be Dan Dare, Marvel already kinda did that…
Debuting in March, it’s also intended to be the first of what Millar described as his 21st century version of the Marvel Universe, a shared continuity, including MPH with Duncan Fegredo in May.
Millar has attempted similar with Fantastic Four, 1985 and Old Man Logan before, though this seems to be a wider shared reality…
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017