I understand that James Tynion, recently appointed the new writer on Red Hood And The Outlaws, is to leave the book rather soon. Possibly before his January solicited #27? Not sure. But expect a fill-in to follow him, so it looks as if things may have happened in a hurry.
UPDATE: We did contact Tynion regarding the story above, without response this morning. But he has now tweeted the well timed;
Hey, what’s this on my desktop? It’s the script for RHATO #28!
— Screams Tyrant IV (@JamesTheFourth) November 1, 2013
So we know he’s on for at least February’s issue. That is, of course, if he wrote the script on his desktop! Well played sir.
Of course that gave us the change to update another aspect of his story… on the I Sell Comics podcast, Bleeding Cool readers and Comic Book Men Mike Zapcic and Ming Chen told their audience that James Tynion had told them at NYCC that he’s writing the Nightwing comic book.
Back to the original article…
Tynion left Talon from January’s issue, with Marguerite Bennett replacing him. But those pesky Amazon listing may indicate that comic is for the chop too.
The Amazon listing has Talon #8-17 and Birds of Prey #21, that’s eleven issues all in, for the standard $20 cover price. For two dollars less, the previous volume only had eight issues worth. Usually when a title is planned to be cancelled, DC manage to fit all the remaining issues in the final volume, extending its length. If that holds true, Talon will be cancelled in March…
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017