I understand that James Tynion, recently appointed the new writer on Red Hood And The Outlaws, is to leave the book rather soon. Possibly before his January solicited #27? Not sure. But expect a fill-in to follow him, so it looks as if things may have happened in a hurry.
UPDATE: We did contact Tynion regarding the story above, without response this morning. But he has now tweeted the well timed;
Hey, what’s this on my desktop? It’s the script for RHATO #28!
— Screams Tyrant IV (@JamesTheFourth) November 1, 2013
So we know he’s on for at least February’s issue. That is, of course, if he wrote the script on his desktop! Well played sir.
Of course that gave us the change to update another aspect of his story… on the I Sell Comics podcast, Bleeding Cool readers and Comic Book Men Mike Zapcic and Ming Chen told their audience that James Tynion had told them at NYCC that he’s writing the Nightwing comic book.
Back to the original article…
Tynion left Talon from January’s issue, with Marguerite Bennett replacing him. But those pesky Amazon listing may indicate that comic is for the chop too.
The Amazon listing has Talon #8-17 and Birds of Prey #21, that’s eleven issues all in, for the standard $20 cover price. For two dollars less, the previous volume only had eight issues worth. Usually when a title is planned to be cancelled, DC manage to fit all the remaining issues in the final volume, extending its length. If that holds true, Talon will be cancelled in March…
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018
- Sitcomics Challenges Diamond with 64-Page $3.99 Comics – and a 20-Page Preview of Start-Up #1 - January 19, 2018