The Star Wars #1 was a favourite for weeks in the reorder charts on Bleeding Cool. Well, looks like Dark Horse Comics have finally burned through the last of their stocks and the recreation of George Lucas‘ original Star Wars screenplay drafts in comics form has finally sold out. So they’ve gone for a second print.
I understand that the original print run was a sizable 50,000. A second print will be out on the 4th of December (cover, right).
They’re not alone in the sellout fronts.
Death Sentence #1 sold out its 13,200 print run and now is not only going to a second print but a Midtown Comics variant second print. Is that a first for retailer specific variants?
And God Is Dead #1 and #2, from Jonathan Hickman, Mike Costa and Di Amorim, is going the Uber way by getting Enhanced editions from Bleeding Cool owners, Avatar Press. Which means that this will be the only reprint for the comic, there will be an extra exclusive story from from Mike Costa and Rafa Ortiz included, it will be limited to 7500 copies… and it’ll still only cost $3.99. The comics will ship on the 4th and 18th of December respectively.
Oh and as of last week, Mark Waid and Dean Haspiel‘s The Fox #1 had fifty copies left at Diamond Comic Distributors. So… expect a rare second print from Archie Comics soon.
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017