The Star Wars #1 was a favourite for weeks in the reorder charts on Bleeding Cool. Well, looks like Dark Horse Comics have finally burned through the last of their stocks and the recreation of George Lucas‘ original Star Wars screenplay drafts in comics form has finally sold out. So they’ve gone for a second print.
I understand that the original print run was a sizable 50,000. A second print will be out on the 4th of December (cover, right).
They’re not alone in the sellout fronts.
Death Sentence #1 sold out its 13,200 print run and now is not only going to a second print but a Midtown Comics variant second print. Is that a first for retailer specific variants?
And God Is Dead #1 and #2, from Jonathan Hickman, Mike Costa and Di Amorim, is going the Uber way by getting Enhanced editions from Bleeding Cool owners, Avatar Press. Which means that this will be the only reprint for the comic, there will be an extra exclusive story from from Mike Costa and Rafa Ortiz included, it will be limited to 7500 copies… and it’ll still only cost $3.99. The comics will ship on the 4th and 18th of December respectively.
Oh and as of last week, Mark Waid and Dean Haspiel‘s The Fox #1 had fifty copies left at Diamond Comic Distributors. So… expect a rare second print from Archie Comics soon.
- Is There a Post-Credits Scene at the End of Avengers: Infinity War? [Spoiler-Free] - April 24, 2018
- Bleeding Cool’s First Review of Avengers: Infinity War [Spoiler-Free] #ThanosDemandsYourSilence - April 24, 2018
- The Journey of Jane Foster to Valhalla (The Mighty Thor #706) - April 24, 2018
- Further Universal FanCon Fallout… Refunds and Apologies? - April 24, 2018
- Gerard Way and Nick Derington’s Doom Patrol #11 Out This Week Honest – A Ball That Has Not Been Forgotten - April 24, 2018