by Chris Thompson
After last week’s chat with The Lost Boy‘s Greg Ruth (which you can still listen to here) and my recent film podcast with Before Midnight‘s Graham Reynolds (which you can listen to here) I climb into bed for an intimate discussion with writer/artist Ulises Farinas & his co-writer Erick Freitas (Gamma, Catalyst Comix, Amazing Forest).
It’s one of my rawest and funniest interviews to date, and it provides a nice insight into their process, as well as what happens when I get beaten at my own game …
Along the way we discuss Twilight, Ryan Gosling, where & how they met, the enduring appeal of anthologies, and why Monkeybrain was the right fit for them.
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email email@example.com. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
You can also support the Pop Culture Hound podcast by clicking here to make a donation or pressing the DONATE button below. Your contributions are greatly appreciated and will help us maintain the site, get new equipment, and encourage us to keep going on those cold lonely nights.
And you can check out Ulises’ original concept art for Gamma (as referenced in the interview) here:
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018