by Chris Thompson
After last week’s chat with The Lost Boy‘s Greg Ruth (which you can still listen to here) and my recent film podcast with Before Midnight‘s Graham Reynolds (which you can listen to here) I climb into bed for an intimate discussion with writer/artist Ulises Farinas & his co-writer Erick Freitas (Gamma, Catalyst Comix, Amazing Forest).
It’s one of my rawest and funniest interviews to date, and it provides a nice insight into their process, as well as what happens when I get beaten at my own game …
Along the way we discuss Twilight, Ryan Gosling, where & how they met, the enduring appeal of anthologies, and why Monkeybrain was the right fit for them.
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
You can also support the Pop Culture Hound podcast by clicking here to make a donation or pressing the DONATE button below. Your contributions are greatly appreciated and will help us maintain the site, get new equipment, and encourage us to keep going on those cold lonely nights.
And you can check out Ulises’ original concept art for Gamma (as referenced in the interview) here:
- Dorothy Must Die’s Danielle Paige Talks Mera – and How it Started as an Aquaman Little Mermaid Story - February 19, 2018
- Mariko Tamaki and Steve Pugh’s Harley Quinn is an Intersectional Activist Comic About Drag Queens - February 19, 2018
- Why ‘Superman Smashes the Klan’ Graphic Novel by Gene Luen Yang is Set in 1946 - February 19, 2018
- Drawn Together’s Minh Lê Brings Us the Youngest Green Lantern, 13-Year-Old Tai - February 19, 2018
- Return to Li’l Gotham with Batman Tales: Once Upon a Crime - February 19, 2018