Last night, Bleeding Cool ran the news that Al Plastino was objecting to the auctioning of his Superman artwork that featured a story with President Kennedy published just after his death, which, he believed, had been donated to a Kennedy Musuem.
Noah Fleisher, spokesman for Heritage Auctions has now written to us saying;
Our consignor purchased the JFK story at auction from Sotheby’s in 1993, and still has the invoice. For reference we have provided herein a copy of that catalog and the page the lot appeared on.
In fairness to everyone though, we have withdrawn the art from our November 22 auction while Mr. Plastino’s claim is being investigated.
- Jason Aaron and Sara Pichelli’s Avengers for Free Comic Book Day 2018 - February 21, 2018
- All the Image Expo 2018 Announcements and All the Art in One Place - February 21, 2018
- Sam and Twitch Get a New Comic, True Detectives, at #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018
- Confirmed: Image Comics Will Publish All the Millarworld Netflix Comics Too - February 21, 2018
- Gerry Duggan and John McCrea’s Dead Rabbit from #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018