Last night, Bleeding Cool ran the news that Al Plastino was objecting to the auctioning of his Superman artwork that featured a story with President Kennedy published just after his death, which, he believed, had been donated to a Kennedy Musuem.
Noah Fleisher, spokesman for Heritage Auctions has now written to us saying;
Our consignor purchased the JFK story at auction from Sotheby’s in 1993, and still has the invoice. For reference we have provided herein a copy of that catalog and the page the lot appeared on.
In fairness to everyone though, we have withdrawn the art from our November 22 auction while Mr. Plastino’s claim is being investigated.
- Thunderbolt and Lightning, Very, Very Frightening at MCM London Comic Con Tonight - May 26, 2018
- What Might Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp’s Green Lantern Be Like? - May 26, 2018
- Tom Ellis Sang to #SaveLucifer at MCM London Comic Con (VIDEO) - May 26, 2018
- 63 Cosplay Pics from MCM London Comic Con 2018 - May 26, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: The Return of Diamond’s Secret Shopper - May 26, 2018