Last night, Bleeding Cool ran the news that Al Plastino was objecting to the auctioning of his Superman artwork that featured a story with President Kennedy published just after his death, which, he believed, had been donated to a Kennedy Musuem.
Noah Fleisher, spokesman for Heritage Auctions has now written to us saying;
Our consignor purchased the JFK story at auction from Sotheby’s in 1993, and still has the invoice. For reference we have provided herein a copy of that catalog and the page the lot appeared on.
In fairness to everyone though, we have withdrawn the art from our November 22 auction while Mr. Plastino’s claim is being investigated.
- The Full DC Comics Catalog for February 2019 – Going Young - November 19, 2018
- Will Heroes In Crisis #6 Feature Oculus Rift or Playstation VR? - November 19, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Dan DiDio and Kenneth Rocafort’s Sideways - November 19, 2018
- Lion Forge to Translate and Expand Palle Schmidt’s Crime Thriller, Stiletto - November 19, 2018
- The Man Who Reinvented Flintstones and Snagglepuss Does the Same For Red Sonja - November 19, 2018