Valiant Entertainment has announced it’s going back to the year 4001 A.D. The future timeline from the original 90s run, home of characters like Rai and the Future Force, will be re-introduced in Eternal Warrior #5 this January.
The new story arc, “Eternal Emperor” will split time between the modern day and the future with a very different, grizzled Eternal Warrior protecting a small contingent of humanity on a ravaged continent. Writer Greg Pak (Batman/Superman, Planet Hulk) and artist Diego Bernard (Shadowman, Witchblade) are on hand to bring us this new chapter in the Valiant Universe. The issue will ship with a cover by Clayton Crain and variants by Diego Bernard, David Mack and Dave Bullock.
“This is a radically different future with huge emotional ramifications for our characters,” said Greg Pak. “We’re going whole hog here – taking advantage of this crazy premise to explore a massive, mind-bending story we could never do in the present.”
“The future timeline was always an essential element of the original Valiant Universe,” added Valiant Executive Editor Warren Simons. “We’re continuing in that grand tradition with ‘Eternal Emperor,’ an action-packed milestone that shows the Eternal Warrior in a new light, one that’s vivid and heartbreaking, and taps into the best that the character has to offer.”
To find out more about 4001 and beyond, join Greg Pak and an all-star panel of Valiant insiders at New York Comic-Con for the Valiant Comics: Must Read Valiant panel presentation on Saturday, October 12th at 4 pm.
- Michael Avon Oeming Draws Thor For Marvel Quickdraw - April 29, 2017
- Where Do Cheryl’s Loyalties Truly Lie On Riverdale? - April 29, 2017
- Tomb Of Baalberith – A New Horror Anthology In The Vein Of EC Horror And Tales Of The Crypt - April 29, 2017
- Jed Whedon Addresses The Fan Theory Involving Ward / Trip On Agents Of SHIELD - April 29, 2017
- Why Is Oliver Going To Lian You For Help? What Happens To Team Arrow? - April 29, 2017