Yesterday we reported that John Layman was writing a new DC comic book, to be announced at NYCC. We also said that he’d continue to write Detective Comics. Well, we think we’re right about the first part. But not about the second.
Because the comic that Francis Manapul and Brian Buccellato are leaving The Flash to work on… is Detective Comics. Manapul and Buccellato made Flash a very art-focused book, channeling the experimentation of Will Eisner and it’s hoped they’ll do the same with Batman.
Don’t feel sorry for Layman though, like I said, he’s working on something new for DC to be announced next week, and he’s always been more comfortable writing two-and-a-bit comics a month. And you wouldn’t want Chew to go away, would you?
As for Detective Comics‘ artist Jay Fabok, I don’t know. I’m sure a home has been found…
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017