At the NICE comics convention in Bedford last weekend, Chris Thompson talked to Ian Churchill for an hour and a half. Towards the end, he touched on The Revenger, his new comic with Jonathan Ross, as the complete opposite of Marineman. With Jacobean influences, 1970s influences, its original title was Frankenstein 90210. And he may like to work on another idea with Jonathan, “set in Florida with giant animals”…
Aw yeah, we’re back again! Following my last interview with Art Baltazar & Franco (which you can listen to here) and my first film podcast (which you can listen to here) I went along to the recent N.I.C.E. convention in Bedford where I conducted a panel with Ian Churchill (Marineman, Hulk, Supergirl).
We discuss how Ian broke into the industry, what comics and films influenced him as a child, how his style has developed over time, and what made him take the plunge (pun intended) and dive into creator-owned comics with Marineman.
To follow it up, we spent a little time after the panel discussing what he could say about his upcoming book The Revenger with Jonathan Ross, and addressed the status of the long-awaited Marineman Volume 2 from Image Comics.
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
You can also support the Pop Culture Hound podcast by clicking here to make a donation. Your contributions are greatly appreciated and will help us maintain the site, get new equipment, and encourage us to keep going on those cold lonely nights.
Ian Churchill’s Marineman website: www.ianchurchillsmarineman.com
Ian Churchill’s Marineman blog: ianchurchillsmarineman.blogspot.com
Ian Churchill’s Marineman Facebook: www.facebook.com/IanChurchillsMarineman
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017