I got a chance to read Fearless Dawn: In Outer Space by Steve Mannion thanks to publisher Frank Forte of Asylum Press. I’m not going to talk about the plot of the book because the truth is the plot is not really what matters here. The important thing is both the writing and the art (all done by Mannion) serve to make twenty-two pages of sexy sci-fi fun. The art feels like a cross between Dave Stevens and Eric Powell in both style and tone. Hell, this is to the old pulp science fiction what The Goon is to classic horror. At times the book feels like it should have been on the shelf next to the classic underground comics of the seventies. So if you are looking for something fun that doesn’t have ninety tie in books, pick up Fearless Dawn: In Outer Space or look for Fearless Dawn: Jurassic Jungle Boogie Nights coming soon.
Frank also sent over five pages from the book for you all to enjoy.
- The Flash Season Finale – Live Blog - May 23, 2017
- Clerks Actress Lisa Spoonauer Passes Away At Age 44 - May 23, 2017
- You Can Get Anything In Chicago Except Justice - May 23, 2017
- DC Superhero Girls Get A Redesign For New Cartoon Network Series - May 23, 2017
- Chuck Wendig To Write New Turok Series For Dynamite - May 23, 2017