I got a chance to read Fearless Dawn: In Outer Space by Steve Mannion thanks to publisher Frank Forte of Asylum Press. I’m not going to talk about the plot of the book because the truth is the plot is not really what matters here. The important thing is both the writing and the art (all done by Mannion) serve to make twenty-two pages of sexy sci-fi fun. The art feels like a cross between Dave Stevens and Eric Powell in both style and tone. Hell, this is to the old pulp science fiction what The Goon is to classic horror. At times the book feels like it should have been on the shelf next to the classic underground comics of the seventies. So if you are looking for something fun that doesn’t have ninety tie in books, pick up Fearless Dawn: In Outer Space or look for Fearless Dawn: Jurassic Jungle Boogie Nights coming soon.
Frank also sent over five pages from the book for you all to enjoy.
- Early NFL Power Rankings – Switching To The NFC East - July 25, 2017
- ‘The Magicians’ Gets Ready For The Voyage Of The Muntjac - July 25, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews – Pathfinder: Runescars And Project Superpowers: Hero Killers - July 25, 2017
- Comic Book History Of DC Comics’ Morgan Edge - July 25, 2017
- Hot Toys ‘Roadworn Thor’ 1/6th Scale Figure Is A Bit Spoilery - July 25, 2017