I got a chance to read Fearless Dawn: In Outer Space by Steve Mannion thanks to publisher Frank Forte of Asylum Press. I’m not going to talk about the plot of the book because the truth is the plot is not really what matters here. The important thing is both the writing and the art (all done by Mannion) serve to make twenty-two pages of sexy sci-fi fun. The art feels like a cross between Dave Stevens and Eric Powell in both style and tone. Hell, this is to the old pulp science fiction what The Goon is to classic horror. At times the book feels like it should have been on the shelf next to the classic underground comics of the seventies. So if you are looking for something fun that doesn’t have ninety tie in books, pick up Fearless Dawn: In Outer Space or look for Fearless Dawn: Jurassic Jungle Boogie Nights coming soon.
Frank also sent over five pages from the book for you all to enjoy.
- Valiant Teases New Icons With Felipe Massafera - February 20, 2017
- New Atari Comics From Dynamite Starts With Swordquest - February 20, 2017
- Mr. Mxyzptlk Comes To National City In Supergirl Sneak Peeks - February 20, 2017
- Kieron Gillen To Write James Bond: Service, An Over-Sized Comic Book Special, With Antonio Fuso - February 20, 2017
- Bill Sienkiewicz Talks David Haller And The Legion TV Series - February 19, 2017