I got a chance to read Fearless Dawn: In Outer Space by Steve Mannion thanks to publisher Frank Forte of Asylum Press. I’m not going to talk about the plot of the book because the truth is the plot is not really what matters here. The important thing is both the writing and the art (all done by Mannion) serve to make twenty-two pages of sexy sci-fi fun. The art feels like a cross between Dave Stevens and Eric Powell in both style and tone. Hell, this is to the old pulp science fiction what The Goon is to classic horror. At times the book feels like it should have been on the shelf next to the classic underground comics of the seventies. So if you are looking for something fun that doesn’t have ninety tie in books, pick up Fearless Dawn: In Outer Space or look for Fearless Dawn: Jurassic Jungle Boogie Nights coming soon.
Frank also sent over five pages from the book for you all to enjoy.
- Writer’s Commentary: Crystal Frasier Talks Pathfinder: Spiral of Bones #1 - March 21, 2018
- Suits Promotes Amanda Schull to Series Regular for Season 8 - March 21, 2018
- Bids to Buy Carolina Panthers Have Reportedly Reached $2.5 Billion - March 21, 2018
- Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3: Jay Ali of The Fosters Joins the Cast - March 21, 2018
- Hallmark Will Debut 34 New Christmas Movies This Year - March 21, 2018