After the success of Jamie Hewlett’s work on Gorillaz, combined with his relative lack-of-a-rock-and-roll lifestyle, he is one of the richest living comic book artists on the planet, only beaten (I think) by David Choe.
As a result, living in Paris with his wife and actress Emma de Caunes, he can basically draw what the hell he wants to.
And right now, it’s trees. Posted to Instagram…
I’m reminded very much of Monty Python’s The Larch. The… Larch.
Earlier work from Hewlett would have seen them being chopped down or flattened by Tank Girl. Now, however, he is content to leave them be…
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Wolverine Continues to Walk Through the Marvel Universe Missing Everyone (Thor #703 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018