After the success of Jamie Hewlett’s work on Gorillaz, combined with his relative lack-of-a-rock-and-roll lifestyle, he is one of the richest living comic book artists on the planet, only beaten (I think) by David Choe.
As a result, living in Paris with his wife and actress Emma de Caunes, he can basically draw what the hell he wants to.
And right now, it’s trees. Posted to Instagram…
I’m reminded very much of Monty Python’s The Larch. The… Larch.
Earlier work from Hewlett would have seen them being chopped down or flattened by Tank Girl. Now, however, he is content to leave them be…
- An Afternoon With The Crew Of Star Trek: Discovery - July 23, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters -23rd July 2017 – Show Me Some Sugar - July 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller Lists – 23rd July 2017 – An Interlude Of Jokes And Riddles - July 23, 2017
- Marvel Comics Trademarks ‘Costoberfest’ - July 23, 2017
- ‘Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe’ Footage from ‘Bat In The Sun’ Shown At SDCC - July 23, 2017