After the success of Jamie Hewlett’s work on Gorillaz, combined with his relative lack-of-a-rock-and-roll lifestyle, he is one of the richest living comic book artists on the planet, only beaten (I think) by David Choe.
As a result, living in Paris with his wife and actress Emma de Caunes, he can basically draw what the hell he wants to.
And right now, it’s trees. Posted to Instagram…
I’m reminded very much of Monty Python’s The Larch. The… Larch.
Earlier work from Hewlett would have seen them being chopped down or flattened by Tank Girl. Now, however, he is content to leave them be…
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017