After the success of Jamie Hewlett’s work on Gorillaz, combined with his relative lack-of-a-rock-and-roll lifestyle, he is one of the richest living comic book artists on the planet, only beaten (I think) by David Choe.
As a result, living in Paris with his wife and actress Emma de Caunes, he can basically draw what the hell he wants to.
And right now, it’s trees. Posted to Instagram…
I’m reminded very much of Monty Python’s The Larch. The… Larch.
Earlier work from Hewlett would have seen them being chopped down or flattened by Tank Girl. Now, however, he is content to leave them be…
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017