In some cases, I’ve been told of retailers getting 5% of the amount of a title they received, while on other titles, getting the full 100%.
The worst allocated I’m being told include First Born, Count Vertigo and Joker’s Daughter, but there seem to be major allocations across the board. The ones that seem to have escaped allocation are Riddler, Lex Luthor, Zod and Cyborg Superman, but this again will vary from retailer to retailer. One tells me that they will receive 100% of their Teen Titans #23.2 Deathstroke #1, another will only get 7% of their orders.
It seems rather than allocating based on retailers initial orders, they have been allocated based on usual retailers’ orders for the matched title – rather than the title it is now. So that Justice League #23.3 Dial E #1 is matched to a percentage of usual Justice League numbers based on how Dial H usually performs in a store. Originally the Justice League title and similar on other titles was intended to increase orders on the books, now it seems to be irrelevent to the numbers of the 3D cover that DC will provide to retailers.
It’s going to be a massacre out there…
UPDATE: One store? Getting 99.55% of their orders. There seems no rhyme nor reason…
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018