In some cases, I’ve been told of retailers getting 5% of the amount of a title they received, while on other titles, getting the full 100%.
The worst allocated I’m being told include First Born, Count Vertigo and Joker’s Daughter, but there seem to be major allocations across the board. The ones that seem to have escaped allocation are Riddler, Lex Luthor, Zod and Cyborg Superman, but this again will vary from retailer to retailer. One tells me that they will receive 100% of their Teen Titans #23.2 Deathstroke #1, another will only get 7% of their orders.
It seems rather than allocating based on retailers initial orders, they have been allocated based on usual retailers’ orders for the matched title – rather than the title it is now. So that Justice League #23.3 Dial E #1 is matched to a percentage of usual Justice League numbers based on how Dial H usually performs in a store. Originally the Justice League title and similar on other titles was intended to increase orders on the books, now it seems to be irrelevent to the numbers of the 3D cover that DC will provide to retailers.
It’s going to be a massacre out there…
UPDATE: One store? Getting 99.55% of their orders. There seems no rhyme nor reason…
- Eddie Brock Gets Back In The Venom Suit In April… Ahead Of His Big Anniversary - January 23, 2017
- Tony S Daniel, On Leaving The Justice League For Now - January 23, 2017
- Star Wars Episode VIII Will Be Called…. The Last Jedi - January 23, 2017
- How Will Your Comic Store Celebrate Image Comics Day On February 1st? - January 23, 2017
- Walking Dead Co-Creator Tony Moore To Benefit Planned Parenthood With This Commemorative Trump Print - January 23, 2017