In some cases, I’ve been told of retailers getting 5% of the amount of a title they received, while on other titles, getting the full 100%.
The worst allocated I’m being told include First Born, Count Vertigo and Joker’s Daughter, but there seem to be major allocations across the board. The ones that seem to have escaped allocation are Riddler, Lex Luthor, Zod and Cyborg Superman, but this again will vary from retailer to retailer. One tells me that they will receive 100% of their Teen Titans #23.2 Deathstroke #1, another will only get 7% of their orders.
It seems rather than allocating based on retailers initial orders, they have been allocated based on usual retailers’ orders for the matched title – rather than the title it is now. So that Justice League #23.3 Dial E #1 is matched to a percentage of usual Justice League numbers based on how Dial H usually performs in a store. Originally the Justice League title and similar on other titles was intended to increase orders on the books, now it seems to be irrelevent to the numbers of the 3D cover that DC will provide to retailers.
It’s going to be a massacre out there…
UPDATE: One store? Getting 99.55% of their orders. There seems no rhyme nor reason…
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017
- The Winners Of Diamond’s Retailer Best Practice Awards Spring 2017, Announced At Chicago - April 24, 2017
- DC Comics Has Dark Matter, Cougar And Cub Have Faecal Matter… - April 24, 2017
- See Characters Come Alive With Acrobatica Infinti: The Nerd Circus At C2E2 - April 24, 2017