We’d recently reported on Ken Penders‘ court case against Archie Comics, and the ludicrous court transcript with Archie Comics expressing a desire to settle but unable to because of issues with Sega.
Since then, I understand that Archie Comics has settled with Ken Penders over issues regarding the rights to Knuckles characters he created for the comic books and were subsequently used in Sonic The Hedgehog games. And as a result, the judge has dismissed the case.
And now, Ken Penders has announced he is going forward with his Lara-Su : New World Order project, which features said characters.
First off, TL-SC:NWO will not only feature the majority of characters I’ve created during my run on the Sonic titles, but there will also be some important new additions to the line-up as well beyond the previously announced Commander Taelor. And to nip any speculation or needless questions, yes, Robo-Robotnik and Evil Sonic are my characters, and no, there are no plans (currently) to use them. With regards to those characters, I’m not trying to be cute or yank on anyone’s chain. The fact is when business is involved, anything’s possible. At this time and in the foreseeable future, all I will say is that whatever happens in Mamaroneck is a certain party’s business over which I have no control over.
I understand we should look for changes Archie Comics may be making to their reprints of his work, which had been on hold.
The lawsuits against Sega and Electronic Arts are still continuing, which may be bolstered by this ruling and decision.
And my lawsuit against Sega and EA will continue to make its way through the CA courts…
- 6 DC Comics Covers for February 2018 from Lee Bermejo, Bilquis Evely, Guillem March, Alvaro Martinez, Shane Davis, and Doug Mahnke - January 18, 2018
- Promethea Joins the Justice League of America - January 18, 2018
- Brenden Fletcher and Karl Kerschl Finally Bring Isola to Image Comics for April 2018 - January 18, 2018
- You Are Invited to the Wedding of Kitty Pryde and Colossus… - January 18, 2018
- Avengers #676 and Ice Cream Man #1 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - January 18, 2018