Paul Jenkins on his New 52 experience: “Contrast that to the manipulative behavior demonstrated by the people behind the Dark Knight book, and it leaves one rather puzzled: why would one series be untouched and another be micro-managed with absolutely no creative direction whatsoever? I think there are some obvious answers but I would prefer people draw their own conclusions.”
Most-Read Comic Stories Wednesday:
Last week, Paul Jenkins wrote an open letter about his decision to leave the likes of Marvel and DC behind and work exclusively on comic books through Boom! Studios. Lines like
Well that’s one way to make sire that the Young Justice books in the New 52 total more than one book. By publishing two of them. Here are the Green Lantern and Teen Titan solicits
This is one of those rare occasions when I run the final page of a comic book on the day of its release. I’m not going to alter it, I’m not going to hide it, I’m just going to spoil it. So, you know, big spoilers. If you were planning to read The Movement #2 by Gail Simone and Freddie Williams II, today then run away, run away, run away. And come back later to join in the discussion.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Wednesday:
Joss Whedon, infamously and sadly, spent a lot of time developing a Wonder Woman movie for Warner Bros. that, ultimately, they just wouldn’t make. But why didn’t they give him the go ahead? Perhaps his recent interview with The Daily Beast explains:
I doubt this is really going to matter at all, but a new Joss Whedon interview with The Daily Beast has made his position on Robert Downey Jr, and his apparently ongoing contract negotiations, abundantly clear:
Michael Fassbender has been playing some David Blaine games on the set of X-Men: Days of Future Past. Here’s Bryan Singer’s latest Twitter tease.
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016