The DC website has just put up three covers for September’s Villain Month for September. Joker #1, Count Vertigo #1 and Deadshot #1.
And look, a fourth cover where Batman is tied up with ropes or stuff again. Seriously DC, who do you think Batman is, Wonder Woman?
And USA Today is all up on Forever Evil by Geoff Johns and David Finch… as well as a number of spin off series, which should help bulk up the expected 56 titles for September.
The goings-on in Forever Evil will spill into other comics such as Teen Titans and Suicide Squad, and in October, three five-issue tie-in books will launch:
Forever Evil: Rogues. Writer Brian Buccellato (The Flash) and Patrick Zircher (Suicide Squad) put the spotlight on the Flash’s colorful and infamous gang of Rogues, led by Captain Cold — a particular favorite of Johns, the former Flash writer, as well as Finch. “I just love his mask,” the artist says. “He looks very steely and a little bit dead in the eye, which is very evil.”
Forever Evil: Arkham War. “The biggest story with Bat-villains you’ve ever seen,” as Johns describes it, features the creative team of Peter Tomasi (Green Lantern Corps) and Scot Eaton (X-Men).
Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S.Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT) pens a title featuring the government agency Advanced Research Group Uniting Superhumans. DC comic fans have seen increasingly shady things the group’s been doing, and Steve Trevor will be learning about those as the audience does. “His heart is good,” Johns says, “and if ARGUS has a chance of rising above what it is right now and becoming a heroic force in the future, it’s up to Steve Trevor.”
And as we stated recently, there are big changes in Geoff Johns’ titles, with Matt Kindt taking over JLA for five issues with Martian Manhunter at the top.
Also, you know that death of Catwoman? Yeah, right…
Catwoman, an antihero in her own series and a recent addition to Steve Trevor’s JLA group, also has an integral part in Forever Evil and in stuff Johns will be working on for the future, according to the writer.
“She’s a sexy character who uses that like a weapon but she also has a more vulnerable side to her that Geoff showed off so well in Justice League of America,” Finch says. “It made me believe in her as a character.”
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017