Over in Green Lantern, we met Volthoom of the New 52, the first Lantern. Volthoom is not a new character. He was the guardian/sage/monk who in classic continuity created the Lantern and Ring given to Power Ring of Earth 3, mentioned way back in Justice League of America #29, 1964.
The second Power Ring was actually possessed by Volthoom, who was trying to get his ring back.
When Volthoom’s origin was told recently, note that he was from another universe and had a patch on his space suit, that of the ‘evil’ Amerika of Earth 3.
In Green Lantern #20, when he dies, they state that his ring has returned to its own universe (Earth 3). Will we be getting the new Power Ring from a Crime Syndicate Of America in an upcoming Geoff Johns comic? Having a direct tie to Oa while wielding the most powerful green ring in the multiverse? Could it be part of Forever Evil?
It’s a thought…
Okay, it’s a bit of punt.
- Can Stargate Really Work As A New Show Set In 1928? - July 22, 2017
- Indie Novelist Matt Wolf On His Epic Fantasy Series, The Ronin Saga, And SDCC - July 22, 2017
- How To Gatecrash VIP Parties At San Diego Comic-Con (With Apologies To Robert Kirkman) - July 22, 2017
- Oh The Celebrities You’ll Meet At San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2017
- The Winners Of The Eisner Awards 2017 In Full – And Their Reactions! - July 22, 2017