Over in Green Lantern, we met Volthoom of the New 52, the first Lantern. Volthoom is not a new character. He was the guardian/sage/monk who in classic continuity created the Lantern and Ring given to Power Ring of Earth 3, mentioned way back in Justice League of America #29, 1964.
The second Power Ring was actually possessed by Volthoom, who was trying to get his ring back.
When Volthoom’s origin was told recently, note that he was from another universe and had a patch on his space suit, that of the ‘evil’ Amerika of Earth 3.
In Green Lantern #20, when he dies, they state that his ring has returned to its own universe (Earth 3). Will we be getting the new Power Ring from a Crime Syndicate Of America in an upcoming Geoff Johns comic? Having a direct tie to Oa while wielding the most powerful green ring in the multiverse? Could it be part of Forever Evil?
It’s a thought…
Okay, it’s a bit of punt.
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017