Over in Green Lantern, we met Volthoom of the New 52, the first Lantern. Volthoom is not a new character. He was the guardian/sage/monk who in classic continuity created the Lantern and Ring given to Power Ring of Earth 3, mentioned way back in Justice League of America #29, 1964.
The second Power Ring was actually possessed by Volthoom, who was trying to get his ring back.
When Volthoom’s origin was told recently, note that he was from another universe and had a patch on his space suit, that of the ‘evil’ Amerika of Earth 3.
In Green Lantern #20, when he dies, they state that his ring has returned to its own universe (Earth 3). Will we be getting the new Power Ring from a Crime Syndicate Of America in an upcoming Geoff Johns comic? Having a direct tie to Oa while wielding the most powerful green ring in the multiverse? Could it be part of Forever Evil?
It’s a thought…
Okay, it’s a bit of punt.
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018