Over in Green Lantern, we met Volthoom of the New 52, the first Lantern. Volthoom is not a new character. He was the guardian/sage/monk who in classic continuity created the Lantern and Ring given to Power Ring of Earth 3, mentioned way back in Justice League of America #29, 1964.
The second Power Ring was actually possessed by Volthoom, who was trying to get his ring back.
When Volthoom’s origin was told recently, note that he was from another universe and had a patch on his space suit, that of the ‘evil’ Amerika of Earth 3.
In Green Lantern #20, when he dies, they state that his ring has returned to its own universe (Earth 3). Will we be getting the new Power Ring from a Crime Syndicate Of America in an upcoming Geoff Johns comic? Having a direct tie to Oa while wielding the most powerful green ring in the multiverse? Could it be part of Forever Evil?
It’s a thought…
Okay, it’s a bit of punt.
- Iron Fist #1, A New Introduction Of The Familiar - April 24, 2017
- When Mary Jane And Spider-Gwen Become Venom – The Restricted Marvel True Believers Panel From C2E2 - April 24, 2017
- Eric Powell To Publish Brendon Small’s Galaktikon As A Comic Book - April 24, 2017
- Stan Lee Cameo In “Fresh Off The Boat” Just Before Free Comic Book Day And The Comic By Gene Luen Yang and Jorge Corona - April 24, 2017
- Chris Evans To Read A Superhero Bedtime Story On British TV Next Month - April 24, 2017