This week Taylor & I go for the trifecta once again with another three new, and very different, books. First up we take a bite out of Mike Mignola, Fábio Moon & Gabriel Bá’s BPRD: Vampire #3 from Dark Horse Comics. Then we sneak a peek at Brian K. Vaughan & Marcos Martin’s The Private Eye #2 from Panel Syndicate.
From there we turn our gaze towards Matt Rebholz’s trippy series, The Astronomer. Matt & I chat about the creative process, how one man can work the Marvel method, the benefits of Kickstarter, and what it takes to publish on your own. If you’ve never heard of Matt before then you’re not alone, but once you’ve seen his art you’ll be as impressed as I was.
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
And if you want to back Matt’s new Kickstarter, Ours Is A Hungry God, then you can find it right here:
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017