This week Taylor & I go for the trifecta once again with another three new, and very different, books. First up we take a bite out of Mike Mignola, Fábio Moon & Gabriel Bá’s BPRD: Vampire #3 from Dark Horse Comics. Then we sneak a peek at Brian K. Vaughan & Marcos Martin’s The Private Eye #2 from Panel Syndicate.
From there we turn our gaze towards Matt Rebholz’s trippy series, The Astronomer. Matt & I chat about the creative process, how one man can work the Marvel method, the benefits of Kickstarter, and what it takes to publish on your own. If you’ve never heard of Matt before then you’re not alone, but once you’ve seen his art you’ll be as impressed as I was.
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
And if you want to back Matt’s new Kickstarter, Ours Is A Hungry God, then you can find it right here:
- Dick Grayson is Now Called Ric Grayson as Fabian Nicieza Joins Scott Lobdell on Nightwing #51 - October 15, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for January 2019 - October 15, 2018
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018