Mario Gully of Ant fame has drawn a cover for a new Bluewater comic, Drake. He posts the art on his Facebook, stating specifically that it’s a commissioned homage by Bluewater publisher Darren Davis of a Batman piece by David Finch. Here they are together – clicky for biggy.
It’s not the only inspiration Bluewater is taking from DC Comics. As well as their comics based on the cast of the Batman 60s TV show, I’m also told they may be producing WTF-style surprise gatefold covers for Missile To The Moon #2-4.
I wonder if DC Comics loves Bluewater as much as Bluewater loves DC?
- The Battle Over Whether Batman Is A Meta-Human Gets Increasingly Meta - July 28, 2017
- Drugs Raid Seizes Death Of Phoenix, 2nd Deadpool, 1st Bishop And Infinity Gauntlet - July 28, 2017
- The UN Turns To Comics To Save The World At San Diego Comic-Con - July 28, 2017
- The Six Big Questions Asked By Marvel Legacy #1 – But What Of The Child? - July 28, 2017
- The X-Men’s Origins Retold In 8 Page Preview Of Ed Piskor’s X-Men: Grand Design - July 28, 2017