Yesterday’s top two stories paint an interesting picture of some of the world’s largest media companies marking their territory in the ink, paper and fabric (and blood and sweat) of the Marvel Universe. Strange world. True forever, still a little bit more true every day.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Thursday:
Ain’t It Cool put their brand power to use, and got Sony Picture’s Co-Chair Amy Pascal on the line for a quick chat.
Bryan Singer announced tonight, through his Twitter account, that the character of Quicksilver will be appearing in X-Men: Days Of Future Past. It’s undoubtedly the biggest film news break of the day.
Not sure if the videos from Patrick Willems and the gang from Bleeding Cool’s “Afterwards They Will Explode” have ever deserved that title quite so much as the do this week…
Most-Read Comic Stories Thursday:
Bleeding Cool has been running a number of stories of people walking from DC Comics citing editorial interference over the past few months. But this is something different. Pete Woods writes on Facebook (and then emailed to me several times when I checked my mail when I got to Phoenix);
Tonight in Los Angeles, there’s a gala to celebrate the work of Geoff Johns by the great and the good. And in this week’s final Green Lantern issue from Geoff, some of them shared their thoughts in a series of multi coloured tributes. They may have been skipped past as readers wanted to get on with the story, that very final story, so here there are in one place to be read at a more leisurely pace…
Last week, the Avengers Assemble comic from Marvel published an issue that crossed over with the Age Of Ultron series – which has already been wiped from existence by Wolverine going back in time and killing Ant Man.
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016