There has been all sorts of fuss over the announcement, then retraction that Orson Scott Card was to write a Superman story for DC Comics. After the initial protests, and subsequent withdrawal by artist Chris Sprouse from the project, I was told by a senior DC source that they were in “no hurry” to find a replacement artist. Which means DC can bury the story without actually appearing to kowtow to petitions.
And while Orson Scott Card’s membership of an activist body fighting against gay marriage is a rather extreme one, it is indicative of all sorts of… interesting beliefs held by all sorts of people in the comics industry. Most are usually a little more on the harmless side.
You can find the full article in Bleeding Cool Magazine #4 at a comics retailer near you. Here is the Bleeding Cool Directory of retailers who have shown special support to the magazine and this website. Are you a retailer who would like to be included? Contact us.
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016