Will someone please explain, how could this possibly be a commission? I’m going to try not to jump the gun and go all fucking King Kong. Maybe he is miss using the word “commission” and means gift. but by my definition commission would suggest someone paid for this ink recreation. Am i missing something?
That would be for this, by deviantART member Jonas.
If money was made off this, I will involve an attorney. JG and I are the only legit source. Doing this sort if thing damages us directly.
UPDATE: These “commissions” are now being described as “gifts”…
Mike S Mall posts a number of recreations online,with the statement;
“These oil paintings by Mike S. Mall should not be seen as the original artwork, but rather as the artists interpretation of the original ink and pen work of art by such great artists like Joe Jusko, Jack Kirby, John Romita, Brian Bolland, Frank Frazetta, Alex Horley, Billy Tucci, Mark Sparacio, Alex Ross, John Buscema, Dave Dorman, Ron Garney, and indeed many other fine comic book artists.”
However, he’s not quite so careful on eBay when selling them, stating that they are original works, “signed by the artist”, “created by Mike S. Mall” with no mention of the original creators. Such as this Thor cover by Mike Deodato Jr.
While Italian artist Fregoli Saltatempo seems to be taking the work of Christopher Uminga…
And putting it on pillows for sale. Didn’t go down well…
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Jae Lee And Brian Stelfreeze FOC Covers For Jim Henson And Victor LaValle.. - April 28, 2017
- A Box For Archie Comics’ Spider-Man Digests In Time for Spider-Man Homecoming - April 28, 2017
- Oh My Days! Bill Potts’ First Titan Comics Doctor Who Appearance, On Free Comic Book Day - April 28, 2017