Will someone please explain, how could this possibly be a commission? I’m going to try not to jump the gun and go all fucking King Kong. Maybe he is miss using the word “commission” and means gift. but by my definition commission would suggest someone paid for this ink recreation. Am i missing something?
That would be for this, by deviantART member Jonas.
If money was made off this, I will involve an attorney. JG and I are the only legit source. Doing this sort if thing damages us directly.
UPDATE: These “commissions” are now being described as “gifts”…
Mike S Mall posts a number of recreations online,with the statement;
“These oil paintings by Mike S. Mall should not be seen as the original artwork, but rather as the artists interpretation of the original ink and pen work of art by such great artists like Joe Jusko, Jack Kirby, John Romita, Brian Bolland, Frank Frazetta, Alex Horley, Billy Tucci, Mark Sparacio, Alex Ross, John Buscema, Dave Dorman, Ron Garney, and indeed many other fine comic book artists.”
However, he’s not quite so careful on eBay when selling them, stating that they are original works, “signed by the artist”, “created by Mike S. Mall” with no mention of the original creators. Such as this Thor cover by Mike Deodato Jr.
While Italian artist Fregoli Saltatempo seems to be taking the work of Christopher Uminga…
And putting it on pillows for sale. Didn’t go down well…
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018