If we’d seen these images at the weekend, we’d have totally run them on April 1st, as part of our series of articles that looked like April Fools but weren’t.
Dan Norton, known for work on DC and Widlstorm comics as well as the Thundercats cartoon posted these images on his deviantART account, from an abandoned Doctor Who animated project, saying;
Yeah man, we were so close… Had a few revisions creatively that were requested and so we retooled. It was going to be epic man. End of the day, BBC didn’t want anything to distract from production of the tv show.
Well, what was close to happening didn’t. Since the BBC eventually passed on, you will be rewarded with! This is the pitch poster I had only 7 hours to do. Starting to with first Doctor, the series would have touched on all the versions and filled in some gaps.
In this one, I was establishing scale of a Cyberman and I did some rough body types of the child companions that would have traveled with the Dr. The boy would have been circa 1920’s and the girl was of modern times. I was really trying to break traditional proportions and style by going really skinny on the legs and pushing the faces a bit more euro from an anime base.
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017