Earlier today, we ran the story that Josh Fialkov had walked from his two Green Lantern books because he’d been told to kill off John Stewart.
Later, CBR reported the same, further confirming the story. And everyone has taken that opportunity to pile on.
Traffic peaked at Bleeding Cool to what I believe is an all-time record for the site, as the John Stewart story managed to nudge out the already massive Angela/Guardians Of The Galaxy post.
Since that initial article there has been considerable hubbub at 1700 Broadway.
And I’m now being told by sources that as a result of the reaction – your reaction – that this particular plot has been nixed. Maybe it will now be a fake out, maybe it won’t happen at all. But John Stewart, DC’s most prominent black superhero, is not being killed off.
That’s the the thing about DC Comics, and it’s an aspect that frustrated creatives and even led to this very situation, they do now turn on a sixpence. Certainly in the light of the Orson Scott Card situation.
And hopefully this sort of thing from Tumblr won’t be necessary…
- Tony S Daniel, On Leaving The Justice League For Now - January 23, 2017
- Star Wars Episode VIII Will Be Called…. The Last Jedi - January 23, 2017
- How Will Your Comic Store Celebrate Image Comics Day On February 1st? - January 23, 2017
- Walking Dead Co-Creator Tony Moore To Benefit Planned Parenthood With This Commemorative Trump Print - January 23, 2017
- Yet More Punching Nazis, Pepe The Frog, Richard Spencer … And Jack Kirby - January 23, 2017