Earlier today, we ran the story that Josh Fialkov had walked from his two Green Lantern books because he’d been told to kill off John Stewart.
Later, CBR reported the same, further confirming the story. And everyone has taken that opportunity to pile on.
Traffic peaked at Bleeding Cool to what I believe is an all-time record for the site, as the John Stewart story managed to nudge out the already massive Angela/Guardians Of The Galaxy post.
Since that initial article there has been considerable hubbub at 1700 Broadway.
And I’m now being told by sources that as a result of the reaction – your reaction – that this particular plot has been nixed. Maybe it will now be a fake out, maybe it won’t happen at all. But John Stewart, DC’s most prominent black superhero, is not being killed off.
That’s the the thing about DC Comics, and it’s an aspect that frustrated creatives and even led to this very situation, they do now turn on a sixpence. Certainly in the light of the Orson Scott Card situation.
And hopefully this sort of thing from Tumblr won’t be necessary…
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017