Earlier today, we ran the story that Josh Fialkov had walked from his two Green Lantern books because he’d been told to kill off John Stewart.
Later, CBR reported the same, further confirming the story. And everyone has taken that opportunity to pile on.
Traffic peaked at Bleeding Cool to what I believe is an all-time record for the site, as the John Stewart story managed to nudge out the already massive Angela/Guardians Of The Galaxy post.
Since that initial article there has been considerable hubbub at 1700 Broadway.
And I’m now being told by sources that as a result of the reaction – your reaction – that this particular plot has been nixed. Maybe it will now be a fake out, maybe it won’t happen at all. But John Stewart, DC’s most prominent black superhero, is not being killed off.
That’s the the thing about DC Comics, and it’s an aspect that frustrated creatives and even led to this very situation, they do now turn on a sixpence. Certainly in the light of the Orson Scott Card situation.
And hopefully this sort of thing from Tumblr won’t be necessary…
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017
- Where Was Henry Cavill During San Diego Comic-Con 2017? - July 24, 2017
- Batman Comics Could Have Had A Priest In Charge - July 24, 2017
- Make-A-Wish Recipient Meets Steven Universe Cast At San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017