Earlier today, we ran the story that Josh Fialkov had walked from his two Green Lantern books because he’d been told to kill off John Stewart.
Later, CBR reported the same, further confirming the story. And everyone has taken that opportunity to pile on.
Traffic peaked at Bleeding Cool to what I believe is an all-time record for the site, as the John Stewart story managed to nudge out the already massive Angela/Guardians Of The Galaxy post.
Since that initial article there has been considerable hubbub at 1700 Broadway.
And I’m now being told by sources that as a result of the reaction – your reaction – that this particular plot has been nixed. Maybe it will now be a fake out, maybe it won’t happen at all. But John Stewart, DC’s most prominent black superhero, is not being killed off.
That’s the the thing about DC Comics, and it’s an aspect that frustrated creatives and even led to this very situation, they do now turn on a sixpence. Certainly in the light of the Orson Scott Card situation.
And hopefully this sort of thing from Tumblr won’t be necessary…
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018
- C2E2 Debut: Achilles Inc, Wretched Things, The Family Graves, Grief from Comics Experience and Source Point Press - January 16, 2018
- C.B. Cebulski Recommends Comic Book Artists Use Their Real Name - January 16, 2018
- Jackie Ormes and Carol Kalish Inducted into Eisner Hall Of Fame for 2018, 16 More Nominated - January 16, 2018
- Frank Cho Moves to Watercolours for Harley Quinn Covers - January 16, 2018