Later the library board all read the graphic novel and voted for it to be returned to the shelves. End of? No.
The Head Librarian reverted the board’s decision to revert her decision and took the book back off the shelves again. Talking to local press, she said;
“It was disgusting,” she said, declining to label it obscene or pornographic.
She acknowledged the library has many books that deal in such detail with the very same subject matter — racism, rape, murder, sex — but for her, the pictures gave her pause.
Her decision to pull the book was the first time she had overruled her staff’s recommendation and the fifth time she had removed material from the library after a complaint.
“I call it de-selection,” she said.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 18th November 2018 – ‘Hard To Sell What We Do Not Get’ - November 18, 2018
- Penultimate Issue of Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill’s Cinema Purgatorio in Avatar Press’ February 2019 Solicits - November 18, 2018
- AfterShock Comics Launches Stronghold. Oberon and a Hit Lunch Special in February 2019 Solicits - November 18, 2018
- Adventures With Extremists, The KLF, Russell Brand and the Righteous Ones of the Blazing Rockets - November 18, 2018
- Mini-Frankensteining DC Comics Solicitations for February 2019 - November 18, 2018