Later the library board all read the graphic novel and voted for it to be returned to the shelves. End of? No.
The Head Librarian reverted the board’s decision to revert her decision and took the book back off the shelves again. Talking to local press, she said;
“It was disgusting,” she said, declining to label it obscene or pornographic.
She acknowledged the library has many books that deal in such detail with the very same subject matter — racism, rape, murder, sex — but for her, the pictures gave her pause.
Her decision to pull the book was the first time she had overruled her staff’s recommendation and the fifth time she had removed material from the library after a complaint.
“I call it de-selection,” she said.
- Which Order Should You Read Your Marvel And DC Comics Tomorrow So As Not To Impair Your Enjoyment? - January 24, 2017
- Marvel’s Secret Empire Starts Earlier Than We Thought (SPOILERS) - January 24, 2017
- Dark Horse Solicits For April 2017 – It’s Cowboy Shaolin Time! - January 24, 2017
- Changes To Tomorrow’s Comics – Detective Comics, Future Quest And Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps - January 24, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today! A Comic Show – Star Wars, Saga, & Slayer - January 24, 2017