This is an interesting one. The collage cover of Amazing Spider-Man #700, now seen around the world, is not an original one.
It was a preexisting piece of art created by Mr Garcin, part of a series of collages he’d created, who was then contacted by Marvel Comics to license the work for variant covers.
Here is the original.
And here is the piece on display with the artist. Mr Garcin only appears in public in the Black Shadow wrestler’s mask.
But on publication, Mr Garcin has added a Black Shadow mask to one of the characters on the collage. A kind of signature, even if he isn’t allowed to sign the piece himself, since it it made up of other people’s work…
Compare the two here… now, will Mr Garcia appear on other collage covers in a similar fashion?
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017