This is an interesting one. The collage cover of Amazing Spider-Man #700, now seen around the world, is not an original one.
It was a preexisting piece of art created by Mr Garcin, part of a series of collages he’d created, who was then contacted by Marvel Comics to license the work for variant covers.
Here is the original.
And here is the piece on display with the artist. Mr Garcin only appears in public in the Black Shadow wrestler’s mask.
But on publication, Mr Garcin has added a Black Shadow mask to one of the characters on the collage. A kind of signature, even if he isn’t allowed to sign the piece himself, since it it made up of other people’s work…
Compare the two here… now, will Mr Garcia appear on other collage covers in a similar fashion?
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018