This is an interesting one. The collage cover of Amazing Spider-Man #700, now seen around the world, is not an original one.
It was a preexisting piece of art created by Mr Garcin, part of a series of collages he’d created, who was then contacted by Marvel Comics to license the work for variant covers.
Here is the original.
And here is the piece on display with the artist. Mr Garcin only appears in public in the Black Shadow wrestler’s mask.
But on publication, Mr Garcin has added a Black Shadow mask to one of the characters on the collage. A kind of signature, even if he isn’t allowed to sign the piece himself, since it it made up of other people’s work…
Compare the two here… now, will Mr Garcia appear on other collage covers in a similar fashion?
- Photos: Doctor Who Cosplay Show Hits A Few Bumps In The Time Vortex - July 23, 2017
- When R2 And C-3PO Met Big Bird: How Lucasfilm Marketed Star Wars In The ’70s And ’80s - July 23, 2017
- An Afternoon With The Crew Of Star Trek: Discovery - July 23, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters -23rd July 2017 – Show Me Some Sugar - July 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller Lists – 23rd July 2017 – An Interlude Of Jokes And Riddles - July 23, 2017