A response that’s “ten times harder” and “your people” seem to be the biggest giveaway here, in this conversation with Batman in Aquaman #15 (which you should also make sure you read after Justice League #15).
Or course, another reading may see Atlantis as Palestine. Or Iran. Or the USA itself. Cold War aspects given a new relevance due to international relations in the Middle East.
And then there are the conspiracy theories behind why all these things happen, here given full rein as an an attack on Atlantis is as the result of an unknown error, presumably sabotage, and an engineered war. Which is of course how some people regard the 9/11 attacks and the subsequent actions in Afghanistan and Iraq.
What is more likely is that writer Geoff Johns is drawing on all sorts of reasons and justifications for war to explore the kind of issues it brings up.
While also having big things smash into other big things as well. You know, because of war.
Batman, the world’s greatest detective there.
Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London.
- Shooting Venom On The Streets Of San Francisco - January 22, 2018
- An Analysis of Promethea’s Appearance In Justice League Of America #23 – and a Possible Way Out(SPOILERS) - January 22, 2018
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018