The current Extreme revival at Image Comics has received all sorts of critical acclaim. But it has seemed to ignore a previous Extreme revival in the same spirit, that of Avengelyne by Mark Poulton and Owen Gieni.
Cut short in its prime, published issues of the comic have been rolled out digitally on Keenspot, but now the comics being added are ones that never appeared in print, issues nine, ten and the Avengylene Annual.
These new issues close out Mark and Owen’s story-arc and have Avengelyne and Passover joining up with Blood Wulf (who will soon be seen in the pages of Bloodstrike as part of creator, Rob Liefeld’s return to the series starting with issue 34) to battle the likes of the Red Dragon, Torment, and Priest.
My friend Mark Poulton gave me this information and said I can share it with you. They want to plug their Avengelyne finale, and there’s also mention of Rob taking over Bloodstrike again with issue 34. Will you throw this stuff up on your site?
Oh look at that, Rob Liefeld will be taking up the creative reins on Bloodstrike for Image. So that’s what he did after storming out of DC Comics.
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017