If you are a comics creator, trying to get in touch with your DC editor, today might not be the best day to try and do so.
I am told that today, at its 1700 Broadway offices, there will be a series of meetings at DC Comics, first individually with many employees, and then a group meeting with all employees in the afternoon to outline DC’s new plan.
All I’ve been told is that this involves efficiency measures as a result of monitoring since April this year.
Now this is the kind of thing that could lead to redundancies, and does bears some similarity to the events during DC’s big reorganisation a few years ago, but I have been assured by DC Publicity that “DC has no plans to announce any redundancies”.
So there’s that.
Whether this involves a further move to Burbank, a move down the street, a change in publishing priorities, an end to Vertigo, the elevation of Jim Lee to become official King Of America, I don’t know. But I expect to start hearing leaks a little later today.
- Champions, Black Panther, and Mystery of Madripoor Go to Second Prints for Marvel Comics - May 25, 2018
- Antarctic Press Seeks Superhero Submissions for the Superverse - May 25, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Is Now in Diamond Previews: Adventure Van and Blastosaurus - May 25, 2018
- J. Scott Campbell Covers to X-Classified #1 Cancelled - May 25, 2018
- Marvel Switches True Believers’ Fantastic Four for Marvel Two-In-One - May 25, 2018