If you are a comics creator, trying to get in touch with your DC editor, today might not be the best day to try and do so.
I am told that today, at its 1700 Broadway offices, there will be a series of meetings at DC Comics, first individually with many employees, and then a group meeting with all employees in the afternoon to outline DC’s new plan.
All I’ve been told is that this involves efficiency measures as a result of monitoring since April this year.
Now this is the kind of thing that could lead to redundancies, and does bears some similarity to the events during DC’s big reorganisation a few years ago, but I have been assured by DC Publicity that “DC has no plans to announce any redundancies”.
So there’s that.
Whether this involves a further move to Burbank, a move down the street, a change in publishing priorities, an end to Vertigo, the elevation of Jim Lee to become official King Of America, I don’t know. But I expect to start hearing leaks a little later today.
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018