If you are a comics creator, trying to get in touch with your DC editor, today might not be the best day to try and do so.
I am told that today, at its 1700 Broadway offices, there will be a series of meetings at DC Comics, first individually with many employees, and then a group meeting with all employees in the afternoon to outline DC’s new plan.
All I’ve been told is that this involves efficiency measures as a result of monitoring since April this year.
Now this is the kind of thing that could lead to redundancies, and does bears some similarity to the events during DC’s big reorganisation a few years ago, but I have been assured by DC Publicity that “DC has no plans to announce any redundancies”.
So there’s that.
Whether this involves a further move to Burbank, a move down the street, a change in publishing priorities, an end to Vertigo, the elevation of Jim Lee to become official King Of America, I don’t know. But I expect to start hearing leaks a little later today.
- Heavy Metal Magazine Addresses Issues With Missing Or Delayed Orders - October 19, 2017
- Dream Daddy’s Artist Shanan Pae Draws Cover For Fence #1 - October 19, 2017
- Titan Comics To Publish Prequel To The Death Of Stalin, Death To The Tsar - October 19, 2017
- What The Fashionable Sheldon Cooper Will Be Wearing This Winter - October 18, 2017
- Frank Cho, Drawing Harley Quinn Covers Longer Than He Would Have Done On Wonder Woman - October 18, 2017