Posing as Greg Garwood, Josh Hoopes has scammed two more people.
I posted on the DeviantArt forum job section enlisting a comic artist for a short story. Many replied, but he was the most persistant and cordial. I’d ask for character drawings as an audition and he was able to produce one, so he seem legitimate. I eventually went with him and agreed to pay half 50% the cost to produce the comic and pay the other half after completion. I’m now out $625.
Here’s the image in question. It might actually be his own work, if swiped, but if it is another unwitting artist, please do get in touch. He is using the identities Joshua <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Gregory Garwood <email@example.com> and this DeviantArt account.
I am recommending Jessica contact Paypal to try and get the charge reversed. Something Michael has done. He tells me;
I am using deviantART.com to recruit artists for a project I have. The long and short of it is, I play Dungeons + Dragons, am working on building my own personal campaign and need artists to do the illustrations for me.
He is on that site, with multiple accounts, signing up for freelance jobs like the one I am offering. He takes a down payment then either never completes the work or tries to give you artwork he stole from online.
Apparently he has had issues with paypal too. They were closing and locking some of his accounts.
Here’s hoping. Here is some of the art Josh is currently using to con people. As well as the usual artists he’s stolen from like Lalit Kamal, he adds some more. As ever, anyone conned by Josh Hoopes is urged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017