This summer, Top Cow did something somewhat revolutionary for one of the top comic publishers. They decided to launch a campaign to bring back Marc Silvestri’s Cyber Force in a way that makes the old Coke or Pepsi taste tests pale in comparison. Through a Kickstarter campaign, they were able to raise over $100,000 to develop, print, and give away the first five issues of the new series to fans. The intent was to create a scenario where comic shops could literally give away full sized printed comics to their customers and let the fans decide if they want to continue beyond the nearly half-year of free content. In theory, that should benefit everyone – retailers will be able to give away content and potentially grow customers for the series, fans can read and collect the first five issues with no financial investment, and Top Cow is able to reinvent one of the original Image properties for a new generation of fans without pinning their success on how well a new first issue would do under the normal constraints of distribution.
You can find the full article in Bleeding Cool Magazine #1 at a comics retailer near you. Here is the Bleeding Cool Directory of retailers who have shown special support to the magazine and this website. Are you a retailer who would like to be included? Contact us.
- CGC Insider #12 – Ink Transfer and Color Rub - January 4, 2018
- 2017 Collectibles Countdown #2: Funko Hunting - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Toys Countdown #3: The Toys That Made Us Is Already My Favorite Netflix Series - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Collectibles Countdown #5: Kingdom Hearts Funko Box - December 31, 2017
- 2017 Games Countdown #3: Killing Jason in the Friday The 13th Game - December 30, 2017