Bleeding Cool first broke the story that Hasting was to become the USA’s largest chain of comic stores, when it gave over a hundred of its stores Diamond accounts and started stocking comics in depth. And we’ve been following its progress ever since.
One of the interesting wrinkles is Hastings commissioning of variant covers for comics. Because the chain in concentrated in certain states, and not present at all in many, this has led to people paying ridiculous prices to get copies of the variant covers in halfway decent condition.
Well that has suddenly changed. Hastings have now put their comic ordering service online, including their variant programme, with product delivered bagged and boarded from their Distribution Centres.
With this, um, unfortunate header. Bless.
But that does mean books like Avengers Vs X-Men #12 Hastings Variant which had been selling for up to $20 are now worth, well, $5.
You can also get regular Variant comics when they hit our Distribution Center (about a week or so from in store street date). All of the comics come bagged and boarded and direct from our warehouse.
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017
- The Winners Of Diamond’s Retailer Best Practice Awards Spring 2017, Announced At Chicago - April 24, 2017
- DC Comics Has Dark Matter, Cougar And Cub Have Faecal Matter… - April 24, 2017