Bleeding Cool first broke the story that Hasting was to become the USA’s largest chain of comic stores, when it gave over a hundred of its stores Diamond accounts and started stocking comics in depth. And we’ve been following its progress ever since.
One of the interesting wrinkles is Hastings commissioning of variant covers for comics. Because the chain in concentrated in certain states, and not present at all in many, this has led to people paying ridiculous prices to get copies of the variant covers in halfway decent condition.
Well that has suddenly changed. Hastings have now put their comic ordering service online, including their variant programme, with product delivered bagged and boarded from their Distribution Centres.
With this, um, unfortunate header. Bless.
But that does mean books like Avengers Vs X-Men #12 Hastings Variant which had been selling for up to $20 are now worth, well, $5.
You can also get regular Variant comics when they hit our Distribution Center (about a week or so from in store street date). All of the comics come bagged and boarded and direct from our warehouse.
- Justice League #37 Makes DC Comics Fans the Enemy (SPOILERS) - January 17, 2018
- You’ll Believe Avengers Can Retcon – Avengers #676 and Champions #16 Spoilers - January 17, 2018
- “The Answers They Seek Lie Only With Her” – Shout Sheet for Agents Of SHIELD’s The Last Day - January 17, 2018
- Batman #39, Action Comics #761 And The Temptations Of Wonder Woman (SPOILERS) - January 17, 2018
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018