On his blog, Chris Bachalo talks about working on his new comic with Brian Bendis, teased with the word “Uncanny”, with two issues in February, though Bacahlo is careful to only refer to it as only that, not mentioning “Uncanny X-Men”.
But that’s okay, as the image he uses is labelled UNXMN001COVER_100.1.jpg. So that’s the cover to Uncanny X-Men #1 then. And it does have the Phoenix Five as a team, with all new costumes…
Looks like the cats out of the bag. Its me an Bendis on a new launch of the series. This was a tough one as i was really enjoying my time on WX but Brian asked for me to help him launch the new Uncanny and how do you turn down that offer. Launches are tough as there’s a lot of ground to cover to get things rolling. Characters are re-imagined, writing styles adjusted to, locations established. Its a tough learning curve that typically takes a few issues to figure out and grow comfortable with. We’re still very early into the creative part so hard for me to comment on exactly what to expect. The daring part is that the tone of the book–feels like, its early–will be a little darker. Characters powers have been ‘adjusted” as a result of the Phoenix five fall out and I was asked to redesign costumes for the entire cast. Everyone. Plus, as of today, there are two “new” mutants. Its a big jump that I’m sure will turn a few off but, we’re betting on, that most will welcome and enjoy. One thing that you can count on Is that Brian will always give you something worth reading. He never fails to be interesting. Launch is two issues in February. LMK how I’m doing.
New powers, new characters, what do they think this is, a new series of Misfits?
- Rewriting Superman From Scratch In Action Comics #978 – With A Little Help From Secret Origin - April 24, 2017
- The Fake Jack Kirby Art That Sold For Over $2500 On eBay? - April 24, 2017
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017