At the N.I.C.E. comic book convention yesterday, Alan Moore announced his new comic book for Avatar Press, Providence, a follow-up to Neonomicon where he explores the inspiration behind the Lovecraftian mythos.
A ten part series, which Moore described three times as there to pay his tax bill, it will be set in 1919 and star the author HP Lovecraft. Exploring scenarios that caused the man to be the writer we are more familiar with, as well as featuring a red headed policeman who is both a closet homosexual and closet Jewish.
Moore has written about Lovecraft a number of times, most prominently in Neonomicon. He didn’t mention an artist, but I know that his Neonomicon artist, Jacen Burrows, will be visiting him in October…
- Michael B. Jordan Really Wanted to Play T’Challa in Black Panther - February 24, 2018
- 42 Exclusive Comics at ECCC 2018 from Aspen, Dark Horse, Boom, DC, Oni, Valiant, Vault, and More - February 24, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, February 24th, 2018 – Batman Poisons Its Ivy - February 24, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 Out This Week… for the Very First Time - February 24, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018