At the N.I.C.E. comic book convention yesterday, Alan Moore announced his new comic book for Avatar Press, Providence, a follow-up to Neonomicon where he explores the inspiration behind the Lovecraftian mythos.
A ten part series, which Moore described three times as there to pay his tax bill, it will be set in 1919 and star the author HP Lovecraft. Exploring scenarios that caused the man to be the writer we are more familiar with, as well as featuring a red headed policeman who is both a closet homosexual and closet Jewish.
Moore has written about Lovecraft a number of times, most prominently in Neonomicon. He didn’t mention an artist, but I know that his Neonomicon artist, Jacen Burrows, will be visiting him in October…
- John Tyler Christopher Switches From Action Figure To Trading Card Covers – And Jim Lee’s Astonishing X-Men 1:1000 Variant Revealed - June 22, 2017
- Marvel Promises Marvel Legacy Will Affect Every Hero, Every Title, Every Story, Announced Tomorrow - June 22, 2017
- Dave Sim Does Superman For Aardvark Comics #1 - June 22, 2017
- Gendercrunching April 2017 – Marvel Comics, DC, Image, Dark Horse And IDW - June 22, 2017
- Expect A “Return To Planet Hulk” With Marvel Legacy - June 22, 2017