At the N.I.C.E. comic book convention yesterday, Alan Moore announced his new comic book for Avatar Press, Providence, a follow-up to Neonomicon where he explores the inspiration behind the Lovecraftian mythos.
A ten part series, which Moore described three times as there to pay his tax bill, it will be set in 1919 and star the author HP Lovecraft. Exploring scenarios that caused the man to be the writer we are more familiar with, as well as featuring a red headed policeman who is both a closet homosexual and closet Jewish.
Moore has written about Lovecraft a number of times, most prominently in Neonomicon. He didn’t mention an artist, but I know that his Neonomicon artist, Jacen Burrows, will be visiting him in October…
- The Orbital Comics 2000AD Gallery For The 40th Anniversary – Beyond The Comic - February 21, 2017
- Cover Story: Jae Lee Takes On Jim Henson’s Power Of The Dark Crystal For FOC… - February 20, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits For May 2017 – Secret Empire, Warriors, Guardians, Zombies, Black Bolt And Star Wars - February 20, 2017
- Free On Bleeding Cool For President’s Day: Fissure #1 By Tim Daniel And Patricio Delpeche From Vault - February 20, 2017
- Tom King, James Tynion, Tim Seeley And Scott Lobdell Rank Off The Batfamily - February 20, 2017