I just bought Flash Omnibus Vol 3. The collection celebrates Geoff Johns’ run on the title and, as you may remember, the Rogue War storyline leads into a longer storyline with Wally and Linda West regaining their pregnancy. It’s a very big moment in the comic, but to my horror, DC reversed a few pages in the Omnibus edition right in the middle of it.
Why pay $75 bucks for a collected edition when the pagination is not proofed well?
It’s a point. There’s a long history with these large publication of certain problems, from the Crisis On Infinite Earth hardcover collection to the Swamp Thing hardcover collection. When so much is collected together, mistakes do happen – and they have even cost people their jobs. These days, DC seem to take a more mature view, accepting that problems can occur and, in cases such as this, compensating retailers and their customers. And a recall program is usually put in place for those who would like a replacement.
I would recommend disappointed readers contact their retailers in the near future to find out what it may be.
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018