I just bought Flash Omnibus Vol 3. The collection celebrates Geoff Johns’ run on the title and, as you may remember, the Rogue War storyline leads into a longer storyline with Wally and Linda West regaining their pregnancy. It’s a very big moment in the comic, but to my horror, DC reversed a few pages in the Omnibus edition right in the middle of it.
Why pay $75 bucks for a collected edition when the pagination is not proofed well?
It’s a point. There’s a long history with these large publication of certain problems, from the Crisis On Infinite Earth hardcover collection to the Swamp Thing hardcover collection. When so much is collected together, mistakes do happen – and they have even cost people their jobs. These days, DC seem to take a more mature view, accepting that problems can occur and, in cases such as this, compensating retailers and their customers. And a recall program is usually put in place for those who would like a replacement.
I would recommend disappointed readers contact their retailers in the near future to find out what it may be.
- What Titan Comics’ Doctor Might Look Like In 2018 - September 26, 2017
- Titan Comics’ Under Gets A Preview – And A James Stokoe’s B&W Cover - September 26, 2017
- Preview: The Spirit Of Will Eisner Newspaper From Sean Phillips, Jonathan Ross, Bryan Hitch, Seth, Ed Brubaker And More - September 26, 2017
- What Has Happened To Janet Van Dyne In Marvel Legacy? (UPDATE) - September 26, 2017
- From Fishboy To The Invisibles – John Stokes Talks About A Life in Comics At Gosh Next Friday - September 26, 2017