Bleeding Cool has been talking up the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man #698 as an equivalent to Amazing Spider-Man #298, a comic book that led up to the biggest events in the title at the time, and still holds up as a fifty dollar book.
Dan Slott seems to agree. He tweets;
Dear Comic Book Retailer, you’ve never seen me make a post like THIS before. I’m serious. 10/29/12 is the FOC for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #698. You haven’t ordered enough. Trust me.
All the hoopla you’re going to see for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700? This issue is going to be a BIG part of it. You do not want to order short on #698.
Let the OTHER retailers scramble to get copies for their customers. Let THOSE guys be the ones clamoring for a second printing. Meanwhile, YOU can be the guy who stocked the right amount.
Not pulling your leg. Not playing this card frivolously. This issue is going to be big. That is all. Back to your regular tweets.
(You are SO gonna thank me for this heads up.)
From what Bleeding Cool has heard, we heartily endorse this message.
- Free Comic At MCM London Comic Con With Launch Of Du Lac & Fey: Dance Of Death - October 23, 2017
- Brits Are Getting Gruesome Context For Guy Fawkes Night From BBC’s Gunpowder - October 22, 2017
- Will Monday Bring Confirmation That MCM And Reed Expo Are Getting Together? - October 22, 2017
- Mark Gatiss And Michael Sheen Finally Make Hammer’s The Unquenchable Thirst Of Dracula - October 22, 2017
- The Unpublished? DC Comics Cancels ‘The Unwritten’ Book 2 - October 22, 2017