Bleeding Cool has been talking up the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man #698 as an equivalent to Amazing Spider-Man #298, a comic book that led up to the biggest events in the title at the time, and still holds up as a fifty dollar book.
Dan Slott seems to agree. He tweets;
Dear Comic Book Retailer, you’ve never seen me make a post like THIS before. I’m serious. 10/29/12 is the FOC for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #698. You haven’t ordered enough. Trust me.
All the hoopla you’re going to see for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700? This issue is going to be a BIG part of it. You do not want to order short on #698.
Let the OTHER retailers scramble to get copies for their customers. Let THOSE guys be the ones clamoring for a second printing. Meanwhile, YOU can be the guy who stocked the right amount.
Not pulling your leg. Not playing this card frivolously. This issue is going to be big. That is all. Back to your regular tweets.
(You are SO gonna thank me for this heads up.)
From what Bleeding Cool has heard, we heartily endorse this message.
- Eddy Barrows and Eber Ferreira to Draw James Tynion’s Final Detective Comics #981 - April 25, 2018
- New Scene from Johnny English Strikes Again Airs at CinemaCon - April 25, 2018
- Second Prints for Spider-Man, Silencer, Sideways, Terrifics and Wasted Space #1000 - April 25, 2018
- Jamie Lee Curtis Calls Virus a “Piece of Sh*t I Made in the ’90s” - April 25, 2018
- Harrison Ford, Patton Oswalt, and Tiffany Haddish in The Secret Life of Pets 2 - April 25, 2018