Bleeding Cool has been talking up the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man #698 as an equivalent to Amazing Spider-Man #298, a comic book that led up to the biggest events in the title at the time, and still holds up as a fifty dollar book.
Dan Slott seems to agree. He tweets;
Dear Comic Book Retailer, you’ve never seen me make a post like THIS before. I’m serious. 10/29/12 is the FOC for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #698. You haven’t ordered enough. Trust me.
All the hoopla you’re going to see for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700? This issue is going to be a BIG part of it. You do not want to order short on #698.
Let the OTHER retailers scramble to get copies for their customers. Let THOSE guys be the ones clamoring for a second printing. Meanwhile, YOU can be the guy who stocked the right amount.
Not pulling your leg. Not playing this card frivolously. This issue is going to be big. That is all. Back to your regular tweets.
(You are SO gonna thank me for this heads up.)
From what Bleeding Cool has heard, we heartily endorse this message.
- Yes, Avengers #675 Starts A Weekly Avengers Title With A Lot Of Creators - September 26, 2017
- Ed Piskor’s Next Comic Is A Shoe Box Story Of How Baltimore Saved The Nike AF-1 - September 26, 2017
- Ask For Mercy: A New Comic From Richard Starkings And Abz-J-Harding - September 26, 2017
- Fifteen Big Spoilers For Tomorrow’s Marvel Legacy #1 – In Order Of Spoileriness - September 26, 2017
- What Titan Comics’ Doctor Might Look Like In 2018 - September 26, 2017