Bleeding Cool has been talking up the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man #698 as an equivalent to Amazing Spider-Man #298, a comic book that led up to the biggest events in the title at the time, and still holds up as a fifty dollar book.
Dan Slott seems to agree. He tweets;
Dear Comic Book Retailer, you’ve never seen me make a post like THIS before. I’m serious. 10/29/12 is the FOC for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #698. You haven’t ordered enough. Trust me.
All the hoopla you’re going to see for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700? This issue is going to be a BIG part of it. You do not want to order short on #698.
Let the OTHER retailers scramble to get copies for their customers. Let THOSE guys be the ones clamoring for a second printing. Meanwhile, YOU can be the guy who stocked the right amount.
Not pulling your leg. Not playing this card frivolously. This issue is going to be big. That is all. Back to your regular tweets.
(You are SO gonna thank me for this heads up.)
From what Bleeding Cool has heard, we heartily endorse this message.
- DC Comics To Publish Two Free Wonder Woman Day Comics For June 3rd - March 29, 2017
- 29 DC Comics Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen – Lee Bermejo, Jim Lee, Jenny Frison, And Many More - March 29, 2017
- Do Reed Richards And Doctor Doom’s Mom Have A “Stifler” Relationship? (Iron Man SPOILERS) - March 29, 2017
- Gary Lineker Apologises For #LemonMuffinGate, Sends Round 64 Packets Of Crisps In Recompense - March 29, 2017
- How Today’s All-New X-Men Utterly Contradicts Bendis’s Battle Of The Atom - March 29, 2017