DC Comics has cancelled the first of their Second Wave titles. GI Combat was initially Men Of War, renamed, recreated and rebranded to tell more war stories from the DC Universe. But its seventh issue will be its last. Basically the same comic has been cancelled twice.
It does seem to end with rather a belter, however.
G.I. COMBAT #7
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Backup story written by JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art by HOWARD CHAYKIN
Backup story art by STAZ JOHNSON
Cover by HOWARD CHAYKIN
The Haunted Tank is on the loose in the Black Room. Plus: A resurrected Nazi is at the helm of the War Wheel!
Plus: In the backup story, The Unknown Soldier goes to war!
This does mean that we will get new titles, the DC Fourth Wave if you will, in January, something Bleeding Cool has been rumouring for some time.
But the DC solicitations only name one title as specifically cancelled. It’s likely there will be others joining it, not yet named. Or it may be a very small Fourth Wave indeed.
More of a Ripple.
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018