DC Comics has cancelled the first of their Second Wave titles. GI Combat was initially Men Of War, renamed, recreated and rebranded to tell more war stories from the DC Universe. But its seventh issue will be its last. Basically the same comic has been cancelled twice.
It does seem to end with rather a belter, however.
G.I. COMBAT #7
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Backup story written by JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
Art by HOWARD CHAYKIN
Backup story art by STAZ JOHNSON
Cover by HOWARD CHAYKIN
The Haunted Tank is on the loose in the Black Room. Plus: A resurrected Nazi is at the helm of the War Wheel!
Plus: In the backup story, The Unknown Soldier goes to war!
This does mean that we will get new titles, the DC Fourth Wave if you will, in January, something Bleeding Cool has been rumouring for some time.
But the DC solicitations only name one title as specifically cancelled. It’s likely there will be others joining it, not yet named. Or it may be a very small Fourth Wave indeed.
More of a Ripple.
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017