The Phantom Stranger #0 is published today – I mentioned it earlier, but there was one point I wanted to highlight separately.
The comic does not mention Judas or Jesus by name. But it is very clear who is meant to be who. Middle Eastern characters two thousand years ago, Judas’ suicide, the thirty pieces of silver, his appeal to be forgiven as “he” would forgive, it’s a blatant as it can be without actually naming names.
And while we know about thethirty pieces of silver round his nexk, and how that becomes a motivating for for him in The Phantom Stranger #0, there was one piece that really stuck out from the issue.
Judas is wearing Jesus’ cloak. And becoming a superheroish character in the process.
Are there any other holy relics that might have similar properties hanging around the DC Universe?
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today, And It’s Batman Season For Elmer Fudd – A Comic Show - June 27, 2017
- Tom King Teases Two Pages Of Mister Miracle #1 - June 27, 2017
- Shirtless Bear-Fighter Tears Through First Printing, Goes To Second - June 27, 2017
- Washington DC’s Awesome Con 2017: A Con Continually On The Verge Of Something Big - June 27, 2017
- Marc Silvestri Is Writing And Drawing A Joker/Batman Team-Up Comic - June 27, 2017