The Phantom Stranger #0 is published today – I mentioned it earlier, but there was one point I wanted to highlight separately.
The comic does not mention Judas or Jesus by name. But it is very clear who is meant to be who. Middle Eastern characters two thousand years ago, Judas’ suicide, the thirty pieces of silver, his appeal to be forgiven as “he” would forgive, it’s a blatant as it can be without actually naming names.
And while we know about thethirty pieces of silver round his nexk, and how that becomes a motivating for for him in The Phantom Stranger #0, there was one piece that really stuck out from the issue.
Judas is wearing Jesus’ cloak. And becoming a superheroish character in the process.
Are there any other holy relics that might have similar properties hanging around the DC Universe?
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics To Charge $2.99 Digital For Its New $3.99 Print Comics - January 18, 2017