The Phantom Stranger #0 is published today – I mentioned it earlier, but there was one point I wanted to highlight separately.
The comic does not mention Judas or Jesus by name. But it is very clear who is meant to be who. Middle Eastern characters two thousand years ago, Judas’ suicide, the thirty pieces of silver, his appeal to be forgiven as “he” would forgive, it’s a blatant as it can be without actually naming names.
And while we know about thethirty pieces of silver round his nexk, and how that becomes a motivating for for him in The Phantom Stranger #0, there was one piece that really stuck out from the issue.
Judas is wearing Jesus’ cloak. And becoming a superheroish character in the process.
Are there any other holy relics that might have similar properties hanging around the DC Universe?
- After Sixty Years, André Franquin’s Gaston To Be (Finally) Translated Into English, As Gomer Goof - February 19, 2017
- Watching Apple Tree Yard: Sex, Lies And Video Tape - February 19, 2017
- 88 Photos And Videos From New York Toy Fair 2017 Day One - February 19, 2017
- 52 Stories From ComicsPRO – Time To Catch Up On What You Missed Out On - February 18, 2017
- Cover Stories: Red Sonja To Riverdale To Robotech, From J Scott Campbell, Artgerm And More - February 18, 2017