The Phantom Stranger #0 is published today – I mentioned it earlier, but there was one point I wanted to highlight separately.
The comic does not mention Judas or Jesus by name. But it is very clear who is meant to be who. Middle Eastern characters two thousand years ago, Judas’ suicide, the thirty pieces of silver, his appeal to be forgiven as “he” would forgive, it’s a blatant as it can be without actually naming names.
And while we know about thethirty pieces of silver round his nexk, and how that becomes a motivating for for him in The Phantom Stranger #0, there was one piece that really stuck out from the issue.
Judas is wearing Jesus’ cloak. And becoming a superheroish character in the process.
Are there any other holy relics that might have similar properties hanging around the DC Universe?
- AfterShock Launches New Anthology Comic, Shock, with Neil Gaiman, Marc Guggenheim, Jim Starlin, Charles Vess and More - December 12, 2017
- Hunt for Suspected Murderer of Francis Manapul’s Sister-in-Law, Tess Richey, in Toronto - December 11, 2017
- Jeremy Bastian Gets Positively Biblical with Second Judas Variant Cover - December 11, 2017
- San Diego Comic-Con Settled with Mormon Church Companies 2 Years Ago - December 11, 2017
- Marvel Liquidates Almost Another 200 Graphic Novels and TPBs to Retailers – S to Z - December 11, 2017