The Phantom Stranger #0 is published today – I mentioned it earlier, but there was one point I wanted to highlight separately.
The comic does not mention Judas or Jesus by name. But it is very clear who is meant to be who. Middle Eastern characters two thousand years ago, Judas’ suicide, the thirty pieces of silver, his appeal to be forgiven as “he” would forgive, it’s a blatant as it can be without actually naming names.
And while we know about thethirty pieces of silver round his nexk, and how that becomes a motivating for for him in The Phantom Stranger #0, there was one piece that really stuck out from the issue.
Judas is wearing Jesus’ cloak. And becoming a superheroish character in the process.
Are there any other holy relics that might have similar properties hanging around the DC Universe?
- The Swag Of Thought Bubble 2017 From An AirBnB That Has Not Burnt Down – Yet - September 24, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – September 24th, 2017 – “Metal Is Absolutely Crushing Everything Else” - September 24, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – September 25th, 2017 – Squirrelled Away - September 24, 2017
- What Is Your Comic Shop History? - September 24, 2017
- Not Another Zombie Comic - September 24, 2017