Doctor Who comics writer Tony Lee and Sam Hart have been in London today to record a podcast for Orbital Comics, which will go up on their website this weekend, most likely. But I’ve managed to get a newsworthy snippet ahead of time.
“I’ve written a screenplay based on a story I came up with Frazer Hines called THE MILD BUNCH. In the same way that SHAUN OF THE DEAD is a homage to zombie flicks or HOT FUZZ is a homage to 80’s action flicks, this is very much a homage to 50’s westerns like HIGH NOON or RIO BRAVO.
Basically we have a group of men in their fifties and sixties who, twenty years ago were the ‘Magnificent Seven’ of the local Western style paintball league, before they split apart after arguments and fights. Now they’re back together for the first time at a funeral but get forced back into the saddle so to speak by a villain who, for plot reasons wants them to pick up their pistols and have one last gunfight, winner takes all…
We’ve got people like Colin Baker and Vicki Michelle involved and the plan is to make it very much a kind of EXPENDABLES of TV actors of my youth.”
Frazer Hines played Jamie in Doctor Who, Colin Baker played The Doctor (once in the same story as each other, The Two Doctors) and Vicki Michelle was Yvette in ‘Allo, ‘Allo.
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017