Doctor Who comics writer Tony Lee and Sam Hart have been in London today to record a podcast for Orbital Comics, which will go up on their website this weekend, most likely. But I’ve managed to get a newsworthy snippet ahead of time.
“I’ve written a screenplay based on a story I came up with Frazer Hines called THE MILD BUNCH. In the same way that SHAUN OF THE DEAD is a homage to zombie flicks or HOT FUZZ is a homage to 80’s action flicks, this is very much a homage to 50’s westerns like HIGH NOON or RIO BRAVO.
Basically we have a group of men in their fifties and sixties who, twenty years ago were the ‘Magnificent Seven’ of the local Western style paintball league, before they split apart after arguments and fights. Now they’re back together for the first time at a funeral but get forced back into the saddle so to speak by a villain who, for plot reasons wants them to pick up their pistols and have one last gunfight, winner takes all…
We’ve got people like Colin Baker and Vicki Michelle involved and the plan is to make it very much a kind of EXPENDABLES of TV actors of my youth.”
Frazer Hines played Jamie in Doctor Who, Colin Baker played The Doctor (once in the same story as each other, The Two Doctors) and Vicki Michelle was Yvette in ‘Allo, ‘Allo.
- Comic Store In Your Future – Be Thankful For My Little Pony - November 23, 2017
- Would You Like Your Monsters Unleashed #8 Mixed With A Little Luke Cage #167? - November 23, 2017
- Vault Comics Launches Return Of The Graveyard Gang By Eliot Rahal And Felipe Cunha In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Zenescope Launches Philadelphia Superhero Series, The Musketeers, In February 2018 Solicits - November 23, 2017
- Another 200 Graphic Novels And TPBs Liquidated By DC Comics To Retailers – G To W - November 23, 2017