Sergio Toppi passed away yesterday.
One of the most significant Italian comic book creators, with incredibly stylised and detailsed drawings, he is best known for his work Collezionista as well as the likes of Little Big Horn, which was been incredibly influential on artists from Walter Simonson to Simone Bianchi, but he also had a simpler even more stylised cartoony approach which opened him up to a very diferent audience.
He had fought off a bout of cancer, and he had returned to working full time for his French publisher of twenty years, Mosquito, but the tumour returned earlier this year.
You can see the man and plenty of his work here;
- Tony Isabella Is Against A Black Lightning/Static Shock Crossover - March 30, 2017
- Secret Empire #0 Tops Advance Reorders As Redneck Reaps The Whirlwind Of God Country - March 30, 2017
- Image Comics U-Turns On Retailer Exclusive Covers, Builds In Future Order Guarantees From Participating Comic Stores - March 30, 2017
- Gerard Way Addresses Doom Patrol Concerns. Or, At Least, He Will Tomorrow. - March 30, 2017
- Still Some Places On The Comic Book Inking Masterclass By Cam Smith At Orbital Comics In London Next Friday - March 30, 2017