Sergio Toppi passed away yesterday.
One of the most significant Italian comic book creators, with incredibly stylised and detailsed drawings, he is best known for his work Collezionista as well as the likes of Little Big Horn, which was been incredibly influential on artists from Walter Simonson to Simone Bianchi, but he also had a simpler even more stylised cartoony approach which opened him up to a very diferent audience.
He had fought off a bout of cancer, and he had returned to working full time for his French publisher of twenty years, Mosquito, but the tumour returned earlier this year.
You can see the man and plenty of his work here;
- Wolverine’s Creator Would Like To Buy You A Meal – For His Health - February 28, 2017
- Want To Be In Avengers: Infinity War? Here’s Your Chance – Especially If You Are Short Or Are An Amputee - February 28, 2017
- Avatar Press May 2017 Solicits – Alan Moore And Garth Ennis’ Best… - February 28, 2017
- Stirrups & Beans: Food, Comics And Bringing Back The Chisholm Kid, In Manhattan This April - February 27, 2017
- J Scott Campbell’s Exclusive Venomized Cover To Iron Fist #1 (UPDATE) - February 27, 2017