Sergio Toppi passed away yesterday.
One of the most significant Italian comic book creators, with incredibly stylised and detailsed drawings, he is best known for his work Collezionista as well as the likes of Little Big Horn, which was been incredibly influential on artists from Walter Simonson to Simone Bianchi, but he also had a simpler even more stylised cartoony approach which opened him up to a very diferent audience.
He had fought off a bout of cancer, and he had returned to working full time for his French publisher of twenty years, Mosquito, but the tumour returned earlier this year.
You can see the man and plenty of his work here;
- So How Does Loki Become Sorcerer Supreme For Marvel Legacy Anyway? (SPOILERS) - October 21, 2017
- Rob Liefeld Vs. Diamond Over A Thousand Missing Comic Books - October 21, 2017
- A Lifedeath Less Ordinary With John Stanisci - October 21, 2017
- An Unnerving Feeling Of Modern Dread… - October 21, 2017
- Cartoonist Conscript To The Bodega Boys - October 21, 2017