OlympicWatch: Off to see the Men’s cycle race with the girls this morning… apologies for any lesser Bleeding Cool coverage as a result…
KickWatch: As part of the Cyber Force Kickstarter funded relaunch, Top Cow reveal the cover to Cyber Force issue 2 by Marc Silvestri… showing a Stryker, it seems, in pre-cybernetic enhancement days…
ConWatch: Hong Kong’s Anim-Con launched yesterday – and was instantly full of Western-based superhero cosplay. This must be how the Americans felt when British rock’n’roll started dominating…
Paul Ho, 38, wore a home-made Iron Man costume as he strode around the harbourside exhibition centre with a group of friends dressed as other characters of comic-book legend.
“From spraying the paint to modifying it with fiberglass, it took five months to make this suit,” the professional costume maker and event organiser told AFP, as blue LED lights glowed in his helmet and chest plate.
“I want to say to Hong Kong people, I hope you all work hard and play hard.”
RobWatch: Rob Liefeld tweets upcoming Hawkman art from a new storyline, “Wanted”…
They say I am a work in progress. The fools.
“Diehards should go and check these fucking things out. It’s weird. It’s seeing Batman done by art students on no budget. Because nothing happens. It’s like the cinema of the underground.
“My friend (Green) actually writes a comic book called Freshmen and he based the lead character on me. And when he was doing it he asked what I wanted my powers to be and I was like, ‘I want big boobs and a big old a– and a cape.’
First F4 outline I did
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018