Dave Gibbons discussing Before Watchmen and more: “I didn’t have a lot of input in it. To me anything to do with the movies – as far as I’m concerned, what Alan and I did was the Watchmen graphic novel and a couple of illustrations that came out at the same time. Everything else – the movie, the game, the [laugh] prequels – are really not canon. They’re subsidiary. They’re not really Watchmen. They’re just something different.”
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
No postponement, no “will be resolicited at a later date”, just pure out-and-out cancellation, as the Marvel Previews containing the solicitation only reached the store this week. That doesn’t smack of a late creative team, or lower than expected sales, it feels like something bigger.
This is Dave Gibbons first comment on Before Watchmen since his words quoted in the DC Press Release that, even then, seemed rather awkwardly – or rather precisely – chosen, so as not to give them any real blessing.
It began with Superman inspirational poster by Canadian illustrator Kerrith Johnson, playing off of the famous Superman: The Motion Picture tagline.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
What happened to The Joker after The Dark Knight, and before Rises? Though not even Selina Kyle knows quite where he was (gasp!) I know a man who does.
Rowan Atkinson is a very talented comedian, and he does do a great job here. It would be unfair to say otherwise. Just don’t expect Blackadder III.
Not all of Thor 2: The Dark World is going to take place underground, or for that matter, in the dark.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Father Helped Publish A Black Empowerment Comic Two Years Before Black Panther - March 22, 2018
- Yet Another Reason to Hate the Internet this Year: Those Freaking Ad Redirects - March 22, 2018
- Batman v Superman Vintage Comics Fight: Place Your Bets - March 20, 2018
- You Will Never See a Jack Kirby Original Art Double-Page Spread This Cheap Ever Again - March 19, 2018
- Avengers, X-Men, Walking Dead, Oh My — March Madness Comes to this Week’s Comic Connect Event Auction - March 19, 2018