Bleeding Cool has been listing a number of temporary creative changes of late on DC books. This may be why.
I have learned that a number of the DC New 52 books will have a few issues with fill in artists, in an attempt to get the books back to a position where the artists are working three issues ahead of schedule, as was the case at the start of the the New 52.
Issues with fill in artists are at times negatively perceived by the fans, as something imposed on creators by an editorial team that does not value the creative team. The reality though, is that the need for a fill in artist actually comes out of a love for the creative team and a desire to keep that team on the book.
Allowing the penciler to catch up, takes that backend pressure off both the inker and colorist, and allows them to work on the full issue. When a book runs over deadline both the inkers and colorists can loose work. So love your fill in artists because it is all about a love of inkers and colorists…
- Marvel’s New Han Solo Stories About His Time in the Empire - August 21, 2018
- Marvel’s Nick Fury Infinity War Prelude to Captain Marvel Movie - August 21, 2018
- Image Comics November 2018 Solicits Launch Bitter Root, Outer Darkness, Middlewest, Wayward Bunnies, Warning, and WicDiv Funnies - August 21, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1-3 in Marvel Comics November 2018 Solicitations - August 21, 2018
- Terrific Two, The Green Widow, and Moon Squirrel? Infinity Warps for Marvel in November - August 21, 2018