Bleeding Cool reporter Keysha C. checks in from the field to inform us that Becky Cloonan has told her that she is about to begin work on the previously-announced Dark Horse project Killjoys, written by Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance and Umbrella Academy fame.
Announced at SDCC 2009, Way told CBR at the time:
“If ‘Umbrella Academy’ is me taking a look at, among many other things, ‘Doom Patrol,’ ‘Killjoys’ is me, with my co-writer Shaun Simon, taking a look at when the best stuff was going on in the ’90s, things like ‘Invisibles’ and stuff like that. It’s a mature readers title, which is another first. We specifically wanted ‘Umbrella Academy’ to be an all ages title. This thing is going to deal with much more mature and controversial themes, such as hate crimes and homophobia, the homogenization of American culture and American life. ‘Umbrella Academy’ is set in its own world, with its own rules; ‘Killjoys’ is set in modern America. I find that sometimes you can say a lot when you’re dealing in our times, with what people can relate with right now. It starts off at the end of the ’90s and picks up today. I would say it’s more violent, heavily, and deals with much stronger themes.”
- Elon Musk And 115 Experts Call On UN To Ban AI Weapons - August 21, 2017
- Elon Musk-Backed OpenAI Bot Crushes Top Human Players At Dota 2 Tournament - August 13, 2017
- The Netflix/Marvel Mystery: There’s A Whole Lot Of Walking Back Going On Here - August 12, 2017
- L.A. Rams, Denver Nuggets Owners Buy Overwatch League Los Angeles Franchise - August 12, 2017
- Is King Of The Hill’s Everyman Hank Hill The Answer To TV’s Trump Problem? - August 9, 2017