At the Glasgow Comic Con this weekend, Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely were in attendance and Grant talked abiut his upcoming DC project, Multiversity, that has been promised for some time.
Comics Anonymous reports;
Pax Americana, Morrison briefly spoke about the other titles in the series, including the main Multiversity title which is the framing for the whole series, Society of Superheroes (or S.O.S for short) a pulp version of the DC characters, The Just – set on a world of celebrity youngsters, Thunder World – a Captain Marvel book, and finally Mastermen – which includes a fascist version of the Justice League.
Laura Sneddon of Comic Book Grrl reports, on Pax Americana from Grant and Frank;
Yeah it’s been difficult, like doing calculus. The idea was, I’m doing this series called Multiversity next year which is a bunch of superhero books in different parallel universes, and one of them’s the Charlton characters. So one of the ideas I had was since the Watchmen were based on some of the Charlton characters, to do a book about the Charlton characters, we’ve kind of updated some of the storytelling techniques from Watchmen, because nobody’s really done much with them. The kind of books that are out just now are tackling it in a very different way I thought, it would be really interesting to the challenge of those beautiful crystalline mirrored structures that exist in that world. So we kind of tried to find a new way to do it. Stuff like, where they had a nine panel structure, we’ve got this 8 panel grid and it’s based on the musical harmonics and it’s all to do with DC, and this ringing frequency.
And for MorrisonCon plans, he spent time in a Q&A “confirming he’s working on a “musical piece” with My Chemical Romance front man and Umbrella Academy writer Gerard Way as part of the Las Vegas Morrisoncon later in the year. He also confirmed that the current run on Batman Incorporated is his final piece of his Batman epic and that he may consider doing another novel in the future, possibly fiction this time.”
And plenty more to get your collective teeth into.
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 26th February 2017 – “I Wish Marvel’s Best Comic Could Be As Good As Their Worst Movie Or Netflix” - February 26, 2017
- One Last Cheer! A 2000AD Birthday Interview With Mike Carroll, Mike Collins And Rufus Dayglo - February 26, 2017
- 2000AD #2, First Appearance Of Judge Dredd, Sells For Over $880 On eBay - February 26, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 26th February 2017 – Holding The Market Back At $2.99? - February 26, 2017
- Concerns Expressed Over Mark Waid’s First Issue Of Jughead, Comics Most High Profile Asexual Character - February 26, 2017