Catwoman has been one of the more controversial DC New 52 relaunched titles, primarily due to an increased sexual content in early issues, and allegations of sexism. However, that early Catwoman-on-Batman scene aside, I’ve found it a far more complex, challenging and interesting book that it’s often been labelled. But it’s also been hard to shake that label, and the released cover image for Catwoman #0 didn’t exactly help.
But this might.
I’m told that Ann Nocenti, writer of my favourite run on Daredevil, and currently working on Green Arrow, will soon be taking over the Catwoman comic. One might suggest that would be from issue 13 in October. We might find out at San Diego Comic Con if this is true or not, but you could see how it might make some kind of sense.
Also exactly what JH Williams III might be up to as well…
For a taste, Nocenti’s Batman/Catwoman: Trail Of The Gun two issue prestige series with Ethan Van Sciver is available on comiXology.
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017
- Death’s Head Creators Hit Banbury, As Its Comic Con Returns - January 19, 2017
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017