Catwoman has been one of the more controversial DC New 52 relaunched titles, primarily due to an increased sexual content in early issues, and allegations of sexism. However, that early Catwoman-on-Batman scene aside, I’ve found it a far more complex, challenging and interesting book that it’s often been labelled. But it’s also been hard to shake that label, and the released cover image for Catwoman #0 didn’t exactly help.
But this might.
I’m told that Ann Nocenti, writer of my favourite run on Daredevil, and currently working on Green Arrow, will soon be taking over the Catwoman comic. One might suggest that would be from issue 13 in October. We might find out at San Diego Comic Con if this is true or not, but you could see how it might make some kind of sense.
Also exactly what JH Williams III might be up to as well…
For a taste, Nocenti’s Batman/Catwoman: Trail Of The Gun two issue prestige series with Ethan Van Sciver is available on comiXology.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018