As well as Grant Morrison being given an MBE by The Queen, as part of her Birthday Honours List, Jason Kingsley, owner of The Rebellion games company, and publisher of 2000AD and Judge Dredd Megazine has been been made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire, more commonly referred to as an OBE, for his services to the economy.
Which means, for making games that other countries want to spend their money on, and not dodging taxes.
It probably hasn’t got too much to do with the satirical antics of fascist cop Judge Dredd, even though it is this country’s biggest comic book export, but it would be interesting to hear 2000AD and Dredd co-creator and political activist Pat Mills’ take on the situation…
I think I’ll ask him.
- The Look Of London Film And Comic-Con From The Upper Gallery - July 28, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017