As well as Grant Morrison being given an MBE by The Queen, as part of her Birthday Honours List, Jason Kingsley, owner of The Rebellion games company, and publisher of 2000AD and Judge Dredd Megazine has been been made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire, more commonly referred to as an OBE, for his services to the economy.
Which means, for making games that other countries want to spend their money on, and not dodging taxes.
It probably hasn’t got too much to do with the satirical antics of fascist cop Judge Dredd, even though it is this country’s biggest comic book export, but it would be interesting to hear 2000AD and Dredd co-creator and political activist Pat Mills’ take on the situation…
I think I’ll ask him.
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017