As well as Grant Morrison being given an MBE by The Queen, as part of her Birthday Honours List, Jason Kingsley, owner of The Rebellion games company, and publisher of 2000AD and Judge Dredd Megazine has been been made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire, more commonly referred to as an OBE, for his services to the economy.
Which means, for making games that other countries want to spend their money on, and not dodging taxes.
It probably hasn’t got too much to do with the satirical antics of fascist cop Judge Dredd, even though it is this country’s biggest comic book export, but it would be interesting to hear 2000AD and Dredd co-creator and political activist Pat Mills’ take on the situation…
I think I’ll ask him.
- Shooting Venom On The Streets Of San Francisco - January 22, 2018
- An Analysis of Promethea’s Appearance In Justice League Of America #23 – and a Possible Way Out(SPOILERS) - January 22, 2018
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018