As well as Grant Morrison being given an MBE by The Queen, as part of her Birthday Honours List, Jason Kingsley, owner of The Rebellion games company, and publisher of 2000AD and Judge Dredd Megazine has been been made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire, more commonly referred to as an OBE, for his services to the economy.
Which means, for making games that other countries want to spend their money on, and not dodging taxes.
It probably hasn’t got too much to do with the satirical antics of fascist cop Judge Dredd, even though it is this country’s biggest comic book export, but it would be interesting to hear 2000AD and Dredd co-creator and political activist Pat Mills’ take on the situation…
I think I’ll ask him.
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017